Author Topic: New recruit ?  (Read 645 times)

Offline like2shoot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
New recruit ?
« on: March 21, 2004, 01:16:27 PM »
I took my 12 year old daughter and one of her female friends shooting today. They started on clay pigeons with a Rem. 597 22 mag @ 50 yds.  Progressed to a bull barrel 223 handi on plastic bottles. The friend had never shot before, and expressed concern that she might get hurt. My daughter assured her that she would have fun. After basic safety and operating instructions, the fun began.  After breaking targets and blasting bottles, she may be hooked. Hopefully she will continue to go shooting and  will not be anti-gun. My daughter has been shooting since she was 4 and enjoys hunting and shooting. No serious shooting today, but hopefully we have one more positive vote in the future.
                                                   A proud dad  :grin:
Shoot straight , shoot often.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
New recruit ?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 01:44:45 PM »
Looks like you may have positively influenced a youth...Keep up the good work.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline marv

• A Real Regular
New recruit ?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 02:26:45 PM »
Congrats lik2shoot Keep up the good work, get some of your daug's
friends interested in shooting, Maybe you work it out for Moms and Dads interested.  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :lol:  :)  :D
Marv.
PS every body should try also

Offline like2shoot

• Avid Poster
New recruit ?
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 02:41:48 PM »
Marv, I am taking one of her other friend's dad shooting soon. He has a garand and no place to shoot it. My daughter and I are taking him and his daughter to the range . Possibly another positive influence! The same girls mother wants to shoot trap at our range also. I say get as many on our side as possible.   :lol:
Shoot straight , shoot often.

Offline Leftoverdj

New recruit ?
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 03:10:54 PM »
You do us all a favor when you give a child or a woman a favorable first experience with shooting.

But we are all hurt by an all too common "practical joke".  I have met a fair number of people. mostly women, who were turned off guns forever by dolts who thought it was hugely funny to get a rank beginner to shoot a young cannon.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
New recruit ?
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 12:16:20 PM »
Quote from: Leftoverdj
You do us all a favor when you give a child or a woman a favorable first experience with shooting.

But we are all hurt by an all too common "practical joke".  I have met a fair number of people. mostly women, who were turned off guns forever by dolts who thought it was hugely funny to get a rank beginner to shoot a young cannon.

Yes, for heavenÂ’s sake (and ours too) keep to the rimfires at firstÂ… PLEASE!  
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
New recruit ?
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 03:52:22 PM »
Like2shoot, way to go man.   :agree:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC