Author Topic: Ultra Going Back To H&R  (Read 818 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Ultra Going Back To H&R
« on: March 19, 2004, 10:08:22 AM »
Went by the gun shop where I purchased the Ultra 25/06 this morning and he offered to have my gun sent back to H&R at my expense  :cry:  I really didn't expect my money back since he has a sign posted that says New Gun Warranties are Factory Warranties only. He was pretty nice though and said that if H&R had any question they could call him and he would verify the problem and if they chose just to send a repalcement gun that they could send it to him and I could pick it up there. Came home and called CS and requested a call tag for UPS and when it gets here I'll stack it, pack it, and wrap it and send it back. Gonna request a trigger job and test target with it's return. Can someone refresh my memory as to how light they will adjust the trigger there? I'm open to anything else that I may have overlooked to ask them about while they have it.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Ultra Going Back To H&R
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 10:36:10 AM »
lik2hunt, If my mind is working correctly I recall seeing something that someone (forum member, not H&R) posted on the old H&R site that said they were only allowed to adjust down to 3.5 lbs. (lawyers I would guess).  I just sent in a receiver and asked them to adjust it to about 2.5 or 3 lbs if they could but if they were limited to a lower limit of 3.5 then that would suffice but no greater please. Good luck with the 25-06....<><.... :grin: (ask them to check and recrown at thier expense if the current crown is rough or defective)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley