Author Topic: Is this the Tracker1 ?  (Read 896 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Is this the Tracker1 ?
« on: February 26, 2004, 03:47:18 PM »
I finally got to go by the Outdoor America Store in Okla. City today and look around. WOW! about 1000 guns and plenty of H&R/NEF stuff. One gun that I did notice and look at was something called a "Survival 20 gauge" This gun was in synthetic with the storearm foreend but a regular SB-1 Reciever and synthetic butt stock. The barrel said - Tracker SB-1 3" Cyl. Bore 20 Ga. - and it appeared to be around 20" long. I didn't get the serial # I guess I should have. Is this the old Tracker1 smoothbore barrel that I have read so much about here?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Is this the Tracker1 ?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 04:08:43 PM »
Sounds like it may just be a Tracker I barrel like you suspect...It would be nice if H&R would offer a Tracker I smooth bore barrel again.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Is this the Tracker1 ?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 07:58:06 AM »
That is NOT a tracker1, the tracker1 is just like the tracker2 only its a smoothbore. it has rifle sights, and wood stocks on it. now someone could have put the plastic stock, and such on it, but a tracker would have rifle sights, and it would say "tracker1 cyl bore" on the barrel. i know i have been chasing one for a couple years with no luck.  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  they became very hard to find. very soon after NEF dropped them from the line up.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Is this the Tracker1 ?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 03:43:26 AM »
I've got this one down in the Misc. Forum too, and............Ok I realize it has been a while but here's the deal.....I called and got them to read me exactly what was stamped on the barrel. "Pardner Tracker 20 Ga. 3" Cyl. Bore" It is stamped quite lightly in some spots and heavier in others, best I can remember. Got the serial# and called H&R and they said that this was a youth model Pardner 20 Ga. Modified. Like I said it has a storearm foreend and synthetic straight stock. So here's my question?????????      
Has OAS or Choate Machine gone into the business of building their own versions of a Tracker slug barrel made from other NEF barrels? Something that makes you go "HUMMMM"
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org