Author Topic: .45-70 Throater Pass Around  (Read 2109 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
.45-70 Throater Pass Around
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2004, 05:40:15 PM »
Thanks DJ, I would not expect any less from you, you have shown yourself to be a gentleman and a scholar as well as meticulous and honest in all your endeavors....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Rigby275

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2004, 10:12:37 AM »
Leftoverdj - can't find your e-mail address anywhere - must be this dyslexia in my right eye.
PM if you can, else post if you will. Thanks.

MSP - I get <1 1/4" avg groups w/Lee 500/.457gc - 48.0/3031. Casts 518gr/.458 w/my alloy (~10BHN). 1685fps avg./28" bbl.
Could cookie-cut lube, finger-load into unresized cases like the ol' buff runners, wrap a little Teflon (not nostalgic, but'll work)around 'em if they're loose,all by the firelight!
Some on the stiff side, but if you don't mind a little recoil, I HAVE shot one .75" 3-shot @ 150 yds w/it.    :grin:

regards,
I won't intentionally shoot your sacred cow.:grin:

Terry
Labor fellat

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2004, 10:35:23 AM »
Thanks Rigby, with a group like that we should start calling you Quigley...<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2004, 11:42:35 AM »
Rigby, PM still won't work. I'm Leftoverdj@AOL.com.

Or you could try the little button marked "email" at the bottom of any of my posts.  :grin:
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Rigby275

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2004, 09:43:32 AM »
Hi all -

MSP -
I have had sense enough not to try it again - I'll quit while I'm ahead so I can brag about it! :grin:

Thanks leftoverdj (may I call you "lefty"?:grin:) -
e-mail box doesn't show on any of your posts on my screen- still server prob mebbe?

regards,
I won't intentionally shoot your sacred cow.:grin:

Terry
Labor fellat