Author Topic: What ever happened to "global warming"?  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What ever happened to "global warming"?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2023, 11:47:53 AM »
Who to believe? Scientists, some who put men on the moon, presenting facts or some random guys prattling unverified stuff on the internet :)
Tough call …….

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence.amp

Yeah, mebbe we should agree with a confused and mentally ill faggot... Go back to the view where you belong. Let me guess, you were surfing the web and instead of gay beards you ended up here...

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2023, 12:03:37 PM »
Somebody here says to check with scientists. OK, I'll check with Dr. Judith Curry, climatologist with over 40 years of study in meteorology, and climate study. U-of-GA professor. She's study the climate and changes longer than Greta's been around. Hogwash as far as man made change. I'll believe her before CNN or some money hungry politician tells me we need to send him money for carbon credits to run your business.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2023, 12:21:29 PM »
It would be wise to listen to some of what she says.
Curry is more of a contrarian.  She accepts that the planet is slightly warming, that human-generated greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide cause warming, and that the plausible worst-case scenario is potentially catastrophic, but on the other hand she also proposes that the rate of warming is slower than climate models have projected, emphasizes her evaluation of the uncertainty in the climate projection models, and questions whether climate change mitigation is affordable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Curry

Online Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2023, 12:41:09 PM »
There are more things happening to affect the climate than burning fossil fuels. 

One is the solar min-max.  They sun goes through 7 year cycles where sometimes it burns hotter than others. 

Also, solar flares can affect the Van-Allen radiation belt protecting the earth.  The belt is opening up in the southern hemisphere for some reason unknown.  It is affecting the climate of South America, South Africa, and Australia. 

Another thing is the magnetic poles may be shifting.  True magnetic north was coming down to Canada at one time, now it is going down into Siberia.  If they switch, that will drastically affect the weather. 

Another is volcanoes.  One volcanic eruption can spew out enough carbon dioxide to equal everything man does in one year. 

So, all these are affecting the weather far more than man and we can't do anything about it. 

I'm not against using alternative energy like solar or wind, but it has to be cost effective.  Same with electric cars.  Cost effective on cars means lower price, longer range, and faster recharging times.  Solar and wind have been around for a long time.  Many off grid homesteaders use both to help cut their utility bills.  Mostly homemade stuff.  One of the things I saw was using clean 55 gallon drums painted black and put on an elevated platform.  Underneath was a shower.  These homesteaders would take showers in the evening under these drums after they warmed the water in the sun all day.  Great in summer but not so good in winter as the shower was outside.  They built a wall around it and had a door for privacy.  There was a lot of room under it. 

Building a semi-underground home takes advantage of the consistant temperature of he earth.  In Alabama 3' underground is a constant 60 degrees year round.  I know a guy in Auburn, Alabama that built an underground home and had the living room or great room area open to the north, all the other rooms were underground, bedrooms, bathrooms and utility room.  Kitchen was open to the dining area which was open to the living area.  He and his wife lived it it for a whole year without heat and AC.  It got down to 14 degrees on or two days that winter.  It got down to 60 inside and he used a fireplace to take the chill off.  That summer it got up to 102 degrees for a few days.  He said it was 85 degrees inside.  He said the humidity was bad due to showers, laundry etc, so he installed a central AC.  However, he doesn't have to use it as much as a home.  This home had 2200 sq. ft.  This was before LED lighting so new lighting would save a lot of heat.  He did also install a dehumidifier for winter. 

I think the best alternative is a plug in hybrid car or truck.  For short around town trips under 45 mph you would use electric.  For long distance you would use the gasoline + electric for acceleration only.  It would get great mileage and the cost is between a gasoline and a total electric vehicle.  You could charge them up at home or if the battery is drained, use the motor on the car for about 20-30 minutes to get the electric batteries charged for acceleration.  Best of both worlds.  Prius cars are the oldest on the road and after 10 years their batteries only lost about 10% of its full charge rate.  Still 90% good.  Toyota is going hybrid route due to the cost of lithium and cobalt used in the batteries.  Tesla is using iron instead of cobalt but the range is lower on their model 3's, but that helps keep the model 3 cost down. 

Another alternative is hydrogen fuel cells to produce electricity for an electric drive on cars.  One company built a hydrogen fuel cell car that got about 1,000 miles on a fill up of hydrogen.  Water is the by product of a hydrogen fuel cell.  So roads might be wet all the time.  There is no hydrogen infrastructure to support these cars and hydrogen has to be liquified at -400+ degrees which can be dangerous.  However, several German companies are going this route making hydrogen out of water and pushing it through the natural gas system in Germany. 

Anyway, solar panels are coming down in price, but battery storage is not.  You have to store the power when the sun is shining, and you are not using it and also for night use. 

Still a lot of stuff to work out, but forcing people to use alternatives when they are not all in place and cutting off supplies of fossil fuels before alternatives are in place is foolish. 
Opelika Portal

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2023, 12:45:35 PM »
This is just more deflection by the lefties promoting transgender holidays and assaults upon anyone who opposes their mental illness... Not gonna grab my ankles/or get used to it like your gay blades whisper in your ear...

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2023, 01:58:19 PM »
Your formerly scathing retorts have become rather droll due to monotonous incessant repetition.
My suggestion of a library visit still stands. A little variety would stave off the time when everyone else realizes how low your intellect is.
While you’re there check out some science books.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2023, 02:06:47 PM »
Your formerly scathing retorts have become rather droll due to monotonous incessant repetition.
My suggestion of a library visit still stands. A little variety would stave off the time when everyone else realizes how low your intellect is.

My retorts are spot on... And the little faggot knows it... your incessant leftist drivel is boring and shows again and again and again who and what you are and who and what you represent peteroadactyl... Also, I am very well read butt, only read fact not fictitious drivel that you prefer. Again, maybe Oprah or the view is more to your level and your low information/propaganda will be more readily slurped up there... of course they are real dumbass bitches unlike the she/it’s...

Online magooch

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2023, 03:04:35 PM »
Yeah, living underground might be appealing for a mole, but not me, or anyone I know.  I'm not opposed to an electric vehicle, but just today the news declared that it would only be practical as long as people don't charge their cars at home at night.  If the idiot Brandon would get back to allowing oil production like it was, there would be no need for switching to electrics until most of us are long gone.

I'm still wondering how people are going to like replacing the batteries in their EVs when the originals crap out.  They had better save all the money they didn't spend on gasoline. 

Anyway if we don't get rid of the stupid leftwingers running things, no one is going to have to worry about what kind of transportation we have, or don't have.  We'll be lucky if the world is still in one piece.
Swingem

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2023, 11:32:50 PM »
tough call because most if not all of those nasa scientists that put man on the moon are dead and what we have left is 19 year old brainwashed liberal girls like you prattling unverified stuff on the internet  ::) 
Who to believe? Scientists, some who put men on the moon, presenting facts or some random guys prattling unverified stuff on the internet :)
Tough call …….

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence.amp
blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2023, 11:38:40 PM »
we dont live in a dorm like yours with a library next door. I do have some suggested reading for you though. thats if your college hasnt banned it. Its called the BIBLE 
blue lives matter

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2023, 03:13:10 AM »
We all know the rules on the forum, but some just can't seem to follow them. Some (and you damn well know who you are) can't just have a different opinion than another without resorting to personal name calling and other types of flaming. "Last warning"
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.