Author Topic: Texas Senate Passes Bill On Ten Commandments  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Texas Senate Passes Bill On Ten Commandments
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2023, 01:48:28 AM »
Have you  read this Texas bill? Doubt it. So you  really don't know what  you're talkin about.  ;) And as luck would have it, you don't live here, which we're all glad of, so its really none of your concern, and won't affect you in the least. ;)
Well, now that I have read it, nothing has changed. I did know what I was talking about.
 This set of ideas was posted on an open discussion forum. There was no note “only Texans need reply.” It is worth pointing out how easy it is to accept unconstitutional action when faith is involved.
you don't live here, which we're all glad of,
Me too.
outsiders sticking their noses where they don’t belong
As noted above, this is an open discussion forum. If you don’t want alternate viewpoints, don’t post.

Fully aware of it being an open forum, but also fully aware of you anti Christian beliefs, and your career of questioning anything Christian.
Over the years you have consistently questioned any, and everything "Christian". Texas is struggling with these liberal ideology idiots in charge, our border is a war zone  because  of the liberal idiocy, and Texas is trying to survive basically on its on, while folks like you don't really have much to say about it.
BUT! Post the passing of a bill in our state senate concerning Biblical principles, and faith, and here you are, telling us we're violating the Constitution.  ::)

Nuthin in the bill violates anything in the Constitution, but then again, the Constitution has very little bearing in NYS, NYC, OR DC, so we'll be fine down here.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2023, 04:10:55 AM »
Dee:
fully aware of you anti Christian beliefs
No, you really are not. I have nothing against Christianity. I have never criticized Christianity. I have, however, criticized Christians. That is not nearly the same thing. I take issue with “christians” who use their beliefs as a club to try to force those who do not share their unwavering faith to shut up and step down. It is the “Gott mit uns” philosophy. It allows otherwise educated people to read a bill that clearly is based on religion, on biblical text, and say that “nuthin in the bill violates anything in the Constitution”. Every room that those children are in day after day, year after year has or will have a conspiculously placed placard that begins “i am the Lord thy God”…..and you say that that does not violate the establishment clause.

Offline Dee

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2023, 06:40:30 AM »
Dee:
No, you really are not. I have nothing against Christianity. I have never criticized Christianity. I have, however, criticized Christians. That is not nearly the same thing. I take issue with “christians” who use their beliefs as a club to try to force those who do not share their unwavering faith to shut up and step down. It is the “Gott mit uns” philosophy. It allows otherwise educated people to read a bill that clearly is based on religion, on biblical text, and say that “nuthin in the bill violates anything in the Constitution”. Every room that those children are in day after day, year after year has or will have a conspiculously placed placard that begins “i am the Lord thy God”…..and you say that that does not violate the establishment clause.

darkgael, as I've said.. You've been pretty quiet concerning our Biden inspired wide open southern border, and the problems it has caused Texas, and other southern states.

But you jumped on this topic concerning Texas like a duck on a June bug. You haven't been concerned about Constitutional law concerning the governments abandoning their duty on the border, but now you're concerned about Texas education, and Constitutional law.

There are gonna be several that swallow that BS, but I don't happen to be one of'em.

I consider you a anti Christian troll. Good day.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2023, 07:56:54 AM »
Dee;
generally defined as a person who posts abusive, insulting, inflammatory, extraneous, off- topic or digressive messages
One Has only to read the post which follows this to understand that abusive, insulting, inflammatory are more accurately descriptors if you. Your post is all of the elements ascribed to mine.

Offline Dee

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2023, 08:26:26 AM »
Dee;
generally defined as a person who posts abusive, insulting, inflammatory, extraneous, off- topic or digressive messages

Like I said, you didn't show any "Constitutional concerns" with the federal government inviting illegals to overrun our southern borders, but bring up Texas tryin to put God back in our kids lives you start howling about the Constitution.

THAT SAYS IT ALL. PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR SCHOOLS, AND OUR COUNTRY.
YOU ARE AN ENEMY NOT ONLY TO GOD,  BUT TO THE FUTURE OF OUR KIDS.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2023, 09:04:28 AM »
Not quite foaming at the mouth but close.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2023, 09:13:58 AM »
There are some pretty scary and outrageous religions around and allowing any religion into public schools would probably be too much of an opening for any and maybe all religions to open a can of worms that no one would want.

Can we just have schools teach what schools are supposed to teach in a moral and proper manner and leave the religion to churches and such?  Maybe that is too much to ask of today's society, but it worked for most of the people most of the time.  The opposite might have the affect of putting churches out of business.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2023, 09:46:02 AM »
  I suspect this is the Texas  legislature "making a statement". 

The Ten Commandments are and have been displayed upon the walls of the Supreme Court building ever since the building was
    erected (in 1935).  They haven't seemed to have harmed anyone, and I suspect that unbelievers pay little attention to them.

While I can see the danger of allowing just any 'religion' to pedal it's wares in public school, I am also not excusing those teachers
   who dissuade and cast doubt into the minds of children who come from a Christian family, and the faith which in essence (by it's
    universality) , built this nation.

It is also disturbing, since that same Supreme Court building was apparently erected without any complaint...how life and respect
     in the U.S., has deteriorated, in just 8+ decades.

No, a religion should not be part of the classroom instruction, other than learning honestly, about religions.  Nothing wrong with
    excusing students for a time to study the faith of their choice, off site.

However, it is the duty of all to watch that the government does not teach against a given faith, something it regularly does.

The primary fly-in-the-ointment, is that schools are state government schools, now messed with by the federal government.

The best and simplest answer, is for the taxed funds to follow the child..into whatever school best answers their need.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2023, 09:58:19 AM »
Not quite foaming at the mouth but close.
Dee:
No, you really are not. I have nothing against Christianity. I have never criticized Christianity.
Every room that those children are in day after day, year after year has or will have a conspiculously placed placard that begins “i am the Lord thy God”…..and you say that that does not violate the establishment clause.

I've never foamed at the mouth, but I've seen others do it.
My allegiance is to God, my family, Texas, and "the former United States". That you openly reject Christianity offends me not in the least.
But your objection that the State of Texas wants to give our children the opportunity to know about God, and His love, are what godless people such as yourself are about.

Lucifer was the most beautiful angel of all. That's how he lures the ignorant in. And you have been lured, but your usual polite manner isn't good cover for what you're about. You want our children to be as lost as yourself.
And your own words prove it. ;)

Your of zero consequence, or value to me, so your causing myself to "foam at the mouth" is laughable. I might however be inclined to spit because of the bad taste in acknowledging your presence.
I'll break off now which will get rid of the bad taste, and allow  you to go "pray to yourself". ;)

Once again, a...

Online DDZ

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2023, 02:35:23 PM »
Funny how leftists prattle on about the constitution when something like this comes up, but say nothing when the people they vote for trample all over it. Everything is fine with them when say banning high capacity magazines, or AR's are being talked about. Everything is fine with them when speech they don't like is being suppressed. Its something how they are completely silent on all the voting fraud taking place. I guess since the American haters they voted for won, the destruction of America has begun, and their sought after new world utopia is beginning.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2023, 02:50:27 PM »
They don't believe in God, so they don't want anyone else to either, all the while claiming they don't have anything against Christianity.

Online DDZ

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2023, 01:53:41 AM »
They don't believe in God, so they don't want anyone else to either, all the while claiming they don't have anything against Christianity.

What leftists hate is the individualism that Christianity supports. The Bible places an extremely high value on the individual. It especially highlights the need for individual moral reasoning, and taking responsibility for a fault or wrong.  The leftists idea is to discard individual rights and responsibility for the so called "Greater Good"  They also hate the idea of people worshiping a supreme being (Jesus Christ) In their mind the supreme being to worship has to be the governing body that controls everything, and everybody.  It truly is a war against Christianity. Individuals worshiping God has to go away for the Marxist state to take over. The day is coming when Christians will be martyred in this country, and the radical leftists will be cheering it on. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2023, 03:05:34 AM »
What is so obvious is what I've pointed out for months. Texas, Arizona, Florida and New Mexico are being overwhelmed intentionally with illegal border jumpers.
The Biden Regime caused it, and then doubled down by removing federal resources, with the intention s of breaking the southern border states, then when we can no longer survive on our own,  the federal government will  sweep in and save us, taking complete control of everything.

None of these GBO liberals have shown ANY CONCERN for the last two years, and the people of Texas are still holding out.

THEN OUR STATES' SENATE TAKE AN UNPRECEDENTED POSITIVE STEP FORWARD IN AN EFFORT TO EDUCATE, AND GIVE POSITIVE MORAL CENTER TO OUR SCHOOLS,  THE HEATHENS COME OUT CLAIMING THEIR SUDDEN CONCERN FOR THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION,  AND KEEPING GOD AWAY FROM TEXAS CHILDREN.

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2023, 07:40:01 AM »
Thoughts and prayers for Texas, Arizona, Florida, New Mexico and the Civil Liberties of school children.

Offline Dee

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2023, 09:56:20 AM »
Thoughts and prayers for Texas, Arizona, Florida, New Mexico and the Civil Liberties of school children.

And still a...