Author Topic: A little help on what fits with what  (Read 690 times)

Offline Mman

• Trade Count: (0)
A little help on what fits with what
« on: March 25, 2004, 05:42:34 PM »
Just want to thank you all for getting me hooked on this one gun can do so much kick I'm now on. Have been hanging back in the shadows for a while now and need a little help. I currently have a pardner frame with .410 barrel that I would like to add to. Am I right in thinking that I can add any shotgun barrel except the 10g to this receiver?
So, shotgun to shotgun no rifle,no muzzle loader. Rifle to shotgun to muzzle loader is ok? What about sporster 22? Can these take center fire pressures or not? Can they be adapted to muzzleloader and centerfire? Looks like the best way to start this obssesion would be with a rifle and work off that platform. Looking to start with a .223 but am wondering about the barrel types . Any help would be great. thanks

Offline vick

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 07:27:29 PM »
Basically, a rifle reciever can take any centerfire (rifle or shotgun)and the muzzle loader.  the rimfire recievers can only take rimfires, and rimfire barrles can only go on rimfire recievers.  The shotgun reciever can only take shotgun barrels and the muzzel loader.  The big exceptions are the 10 gauge barrels and the 12 gauge ultra slug. Tthese can only go on the 10 gauge reciever.

In case this redneck country boy answer hasn't confused you enough:

http://www.hr1871.com/barrelAcc/index.htm
Fear is but a stepping stone on the foot path to Glory.

Offline KYRick

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 08:04:39 PM »
Mman,
I just looked at mine and the firing pin is located too high on the sportster action to hit a primer on a centerfire round even if a centerfire barrel would fit.
Rick

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 09:53:38 AM »
KYRick, Sportsters are a special case and only take the rimfire barrels, .17 HMR, .22 lr, and .22 WMR.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.