Author Topic: FERAL HOG IMMEDIATELY RESPONDS TO PERFECT CALL  (Read 3664 times)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
FERAL HOG IMMEDIATELY RESPONDS TO PERFECT CALL
« on: August 18, 2021, 10:58:32 AM »
https://www.wideopenspaces.com/watch-how-fast-this-feral-hog-responds-to-a-call/

Posted by John McAdams

How do you know you're in a good spot and on a hot streak? How about when you can call in a sow less than two minutes after turning your call on!
In order to successfully call in hog, you need a decent hunting spot with some hogs in the area. You also need to know what you're doing when it comes to calling in animals.

However, a little bit of luck doesn't hurt either. In this particular case, Glenn and Michelle Guess of Hog Zombies had literally been sitting down with their Convergent Hunting Solutions Bullet HP call on for less than two minutes before a sow emerged from the woods on the other side of the clearing.

Even though Michelle wasn't quite ready and was still getting set up, she noticed that hog almost immediately and quickly got on target.

Watch the video below to see how it all went down.

https://youtu.be/409V7QcYrQ4

That's another good example of why you should get completely set up before turning that call on, because literally anything can happen once you start calling. It's also a good demonstration of the importance of being quiet while you're walking to your hunting spot, because they very likely walked right past that sow on their way in.

Fortunately, Michelle was paying attention, kept her composure, and made a good shot before that hog realized what was going on.

Interestingly enough, they were calling using some of Glenn's boar specific sounds that are intended to attract dominant boars, but a sow came in instead. Who knows, maybe that sow was lonely or was about to come into heat like Glenn speculated at the end of the video.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: FERAL HOG IMMEDIATELY RESPONDS TO PERFECT CALL
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 11:45:16 AM »
I've tried the hog calling tapes in the past, and it didn't work that well for me.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Online Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 11:57:40 AM »
I was setting up a blind for my dad making a racket and a young buck walked right in front of the blind while I was setting it up. Lucky for that Darwin Award deer it was the day before the opener and I wasn’t poaching. I must say that kinda crap is tempting though...

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 12:15:43 PM »
I've tried it but never had any luck calling in a hog.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 12:22:05 PM »
   Best hog call I ever used was the sound of shell corn hitting the bottom of a feed trough .

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 02:22:55 PM »
I like the big rifles these folks use, topped with big scopes.

My favorite hog load was a 52 grain match hollow point in 223 loaded in re-manufacted brass by Blackhills Ammo Co.
Loved that load in my old Bushmaster M4. My scope choice was a  Vari X II.
Hogs ain't hard to kill.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 03:10:23 AM »
" Soo-wee" does it for domestic hogs but they learn it as pigs associated with food being put out.  ;D I think the hunters just got lucky.