Author Topic: Will the military attack civilians?  (Read 377 times)

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Will the military attack civilians?
« on: June 01, 2023, 08:13:27 AM »
Have heard/seen a bunch of questions posted here saying that the military won't attack the civilian population of the US. To those who think that, I point out that during the Bonus march on Washington during Hoover's time in office, the Army did shoot Vets, their wifes and kids in the Washington DC area. And who, might you ask, did this? Hoover sent the US Army to drive the Vets out. The army comander was Gen. MacArthur with assistance from Majors Patton and Eisenhower. I guess I wouldn't stake my life on the military refusing an order to shoot civilians. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Will the military attack civilians?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 08:20:15 AM »
The army national guard pulled some triggers at Kent State University a few decades ago.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 09:22:11 AM »
I don't trust them anymore.  All branches of the military are short on manpower.  This is because most young men of military age are from the south and plains states due to being more conservative and patriotic.  Now with the LBGTQ and trans crap, no one from these states wants to join.  Thus a liberal military.  This was started by Obama with his manditory retirement of all military over 20 years.  This got rid of the older leadership and he replaced them with liberal leadership.  He also did this with all branches other government agencies such as the FBI and CIA.  This is where all the corruption is due to pushing liberal agenda rather than American traditional values and obeying American laws vs croneyism. 

The reason is if you break up the family, you make more people dependent on the government thus being able to control them.  The Soviets did this as well as the Cubans at the start of Communism.  Chinese also.  You end up with single mothers, gays, trans, no moral compass and thus needing government to substitute themselves for fathers, family, church, and more control. 
Opelika Portal

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 09:32:15 AM »
who wants to face russia and china with a military that thinks they dont have to follow orders. we end up with bs like our police afraid to defend themselves or shoot felons because there not the right color. we have state national guard troops trained every day to deal with rioters and domestic terrorist. does some boot private have the right or even knowlege of the big picture? the fear i have with the gays and woke military we have today they will hesitate and REAL inocent american will die. The whole premise of the military is based on is obeying orders. dont doubt for a second they wont shoot who they are told to. only a fool would bet his life on them telling there major to pound sand when they know it will likely give them a long vacation in a federal prison.
blue lives matter

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 09:44:09 AM »
Even the Majors won't refuse to follow orders just as Majors Patton and Eisenhower didn't even though Pres. Hoover had said not to cross the bridge. AND we all know their names as great military leaders.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2023, 11:19:56 AM »
thats right gene if someone thinks they wont follow orders i suggest the stand right up front so they get a good view for a second or two
blue lives matter

Offline DDZ

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023, 01:41:04 PM »
Absolutely I think the military would fire on civilians if told to do so. All our government has to do is put a label on them, like domestic terrorists, or white supremacists. Then the soldiers wouldn't feel bad at all about firing on them.  In fact those labels have already been placed on law abiding gun owners by the Biden regime. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Agree Agree x 4 View List

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2023, 01:36:22 AM »
Would not know the percentage, but I'd bet some would, others wouldn't. Same as the police or other LE agency's. Depend on the situation they we're in.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2023, 02:11:49 AM »
  ..Likely, some will, some won't !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2023, 12:39:52 AM »
no doubt more would refuse today the 20 years ago. mostly because of "new woke military" and the fact parents dont teach obedience to there kids. this might work in a situation like a protest. but allow them to all follow there own idea of whats right in combat means MANY more will die. i ca just imagine an army of liberals, homos and privates that think they have a better grasp of the situation then there commander. so some sure arent going to shoot. ALOT of then are there for the gi bill and actually joined thinking theyd never fire a round. add to that in the past if you disobeyed an order at best you got a dishonorable discharge at worst a decade in a military prison. if they do that today to a black or a homo or girl what do you think will happen. nope now they can walk away with an honorable discharge. claim ptsd and get a disabled vets pension. this military we have today with the leaders we have today must make china lick there lips. bottom line is youd better pray every person in the military obeys orders with no hesitation. its either that or start practicing you russian and chinese because there troops wont hesitate for a second or there shot.
blue lives matter