Author Topic: Another view of "reparations"..  (Read 160 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Another view of "reparations"..
« on: August 31, 2023, 02:49:09 AM »
...And I ask the lefties here to use their thought process and answer logically..

Today I am not speaking of just slavery, bad as that was..now I am talking about outright MURDER..and in numbers great and small..

During WW2, some Germans murdered Jews to the tune of 6,000,000..should little Heinz shown below, pay reparations to the Jews, even though
   none of his progenitors were responsible for the murders ?

Then there is little Emi, below. During WW2, her great grandpa did serve as a guard at a prison camp where many American and British troops died of starvation and mistreatment.  Should little Emi pay reparations to both British and Americans ? 
..And should such payments go to ALL Americans and British..or just those descended from POWS ?

Then there is little Benjamin.  In 1864, Col John Chivington massacered Cheyenne and Arapaho indians at Sand creek.  Should little Benjamin
  shown below, be paying reparations to American Indians, even though he has no ties to Col Chivington?

Then there is little Abigail below. In 1704, some Indians, aided by the French, invaded Deerfield, Massachusetts, killing 50 colonists.  Should little
  Abigail pay reparations to white people, even though her ancestors have lived in today's Utah for many centuries?

Reaching further.., how about the Romans (Italians) paying the Celts for their depradations in Caledonia (Scotland)..I'm looking for my check..

...And how about the Russians & Turks..... for starving more million of Armenians in the 1920s and 1930s ?

Where does this act of hate & greed end?  If you think they should be paying reparations when they grow up... let's hear it !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Another view of "reparations"..
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 03:40:37 AM »
It's a valid and troubling question. AND where do you start? With Cain's descendents paying Able's descendents? And which is which, and what about those with ancestry on both sides?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 03:42:57 AM »
heck my mas family was german and they locked the up during the war even though my grandfather and uncle were in the army.dads family was english. guess you could say we stole the country from them. ANY race or ethnic group has seen discrimination. heck the state all the mexicans are coming through was taken from them by force. so we stole the east and part of the north from england the south from mexico and the west from the indians. its going to be a long line.  heck even alaska was stolen from the natives and sold it to us for a measly 138 million bucks in todays money. neither with the blessing of the natives
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 04:17:32 AM »
  Common things almost any ethnic group suffered under, at least some time in their history.  If this silly movement comes to fruition, just where does   
    it logically end?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 07:11:51 AM »
This is just buying more votes and that is why anyone on welfare should not be able to vote. How long do you think the left would be handing out freebies if they had no vote?