Author Topic: global warming-climate change--aagh  (Read 431 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
global warming-climate change--aagh
« on: October 31, 2023, 03:18:59 PM »
 Just got in from the shop, snow on the ground. New record, .7 of an inch. We broke the old record of .1 of an inch, that was set in 1954, and previously in 1917. Low tonight, 29 degree's. (Toledo area, NW Ohio) Maybe I should go out and buy an electric snowmobile for this winter. What should I do, already have an electric welder, electric stove, all my lights in the house are electric! I know, I'll buy an electric lighter so when I light up a cigar, I'll save the world! (sarcasm off)!
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline GTS225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: global warming-climate change--aagh
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 04:11:12 PM »
Yer a funny guy!!   ;D
Buuutt.....you do need more practice at hiding your sarcasm during normal conversation.....Just sayin'

Roger

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 04:49:11 PM »
  Here you go gypsyman.   You can buy one of these, but they are rather costly antiques..most produced in the 1920s and 1930s.

https://gotalight.net/electriclighters.htm
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 05:30:59 PM »
  Here you go gypsyman.   You can buy one of thse, butthey are rather costly antiques..most produced in the 1920s and 1930s.

Holy Toledo, didn't realize there were that many made. Pretty neat. Gave me an idea though. Instead of buying one of those, I ever hit the lottery, I'll buy, I think it was, a 1957 Pontiac Chieftain. Remember in '61 or '62, riding with my mother. She pushed in the cigarette lighter, and when it popped out, I grabbed it, pulled it out and stuck my finger in it. Not sure what hurt worse, burning my finger, or my mom slapping me upside the head calling me everything but her son! ;D I think I'd have more fun lighting my cigar and driving the car! To hell with climate change.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 02:51:55 AM »
  Here you go gypsyman.   You can buy one of thse, butthey are rather costly antiques..most produced in the 1920s and 1930s.

Holy Toledo, didn't realize there were that many made. Pretty neat. Gave me an idea though. Instead of buying one of those, I ever hit the lottery, I'll buy, I think it was, a 1957 Pontiac Chieftain. Remember in '61 or '62, riding with my mother. She pushed in the cigarette lighter, and when it popped out, I grabbed it, pulled it out and stuck my finger in it. Not sure what hurt worse, burning my finger, or my mom slapping me upside the head calling me everything but her son! ;D I think I'd have more fun lighting my cigar and driving the car! To hell with climate change.

Well... here's hoping folks didn't start calling you "Stubby" after trhat incident ! ;)  :D  ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 07:24:36 AM »
maybe we could make billions or at least get liberal green energy grants if we submitted plans for a pipeline from up here in northern michigan to CA and just get a big bower and in a couple weeks start selling them cold air to fight their global warming problem there.
blue lives matter
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2023, 03:32:34 AM »
maybe we could make billions or at least get liberal green energy grants if we submitted plans for a pipeline from up here in northern michigan to CA and just get a big bower and in a couple weeks start selling them cold air to fight their global warming problem there.

Well Lloyd..sounds good, but since they need water as well...we who border the Great Lakes, probably can't give away our water, even if we want to. 
   since Canada has some rights involved in the Great Lakes too !  ...Probably even involves the drainage from our respective geographies as well..

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2023, 04:25:24 AM »
 Remember a couple decade's ago, some government group was looking into a pipeline from the Great Lakes out west to Arizona/Ca./ maybe Colorado to pipe fresh water. With Ca. and Oregon sitting next to the largest body of water in the world, California has at least 2 desalination plants they don't use. Couple times in the summer, Ca. wanted to buy electricity from Texas! With all the recourses out there, and they don't want to use them because it ''might'' hurt the environment!  I say, don't send them any, water or electricity, and let nature take it's course!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2023, 03:07:20 AM »
Remember a couple decade's ago, some government group was looking into a pipeline from the Great Lakes out west to Arizona/Ca./ maybe Colorado to pipe fresh water. With Ca. and Oregon sitting next to the largest body of water in the world, California has at least 2 desalination plants they don't use. Couple times in the summer, Ca. wanted to buy electricity from Texas! With all the recourses out there, and they don't want to use them because it ''might'' hurt the environment!  I say, don't send them any, water or electricity, and let nature take it's course!

.... Cry about not enough water in one party of California...while throwing water away elsewhere in th estate...only in California;

https://sjvsun.com/ag/drought-doom-paralyzed-california-now-were-dumping-water-into-the-ocean/

..And when did we last hear about all those politicians and celebrities, closing their Olympic size pools, and using public facilities instead?

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2023, 08:19:45 AM »
Isn't california where they demolished all those
reservoir dams to "restore" the land to it's natural
pre-dam condition?
AFAIK they're just like every other place I've seen
that cultivates lush green lawns and ornamental
gardens and shrubbery. Have sprinkler systems
gushing for most of the daylight hours with potable
water running off and down the gutter.
They bring that up here every summer, and get
puffed up and threaten big fines and the cutting
off water use,  blah blah blah blah,  but I've yet
to ever hear of anybody that was ever fined for
wasting water, and the affluent areas of town
are always sparkling and green year-round
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2023, 01:01:08 PM »
Isn't california where they demolished all those
reservoir dams to "restore" the land to it's natural
pre-dam condition?
AFAIK they're just like every other place I've seen
that cultivates lush green lawns and ornamental
gardens and shrubbery. Have sprinkler systems
gushing for most of the daylight hours with potable
water running off and down the gutter.
They bring that up here every summer, and get
puffed up and threaten big fines and the cutting
off water use,  blah blah blah blah,  but I've yet
to ever hear of anybody that was ever fined for
wasting water, and the affluent areas of town
are always sparkling and green year-round

I used Google mapping, and flew over Los Angeles...Malibu, Beverly Hills and  Be Aire..thousands of "cement ponds" all full of nice , blue, water..

Why do the green freaks allow this?  Shouldn't such wasteful luxuries be the first things to go ?

Offline GTS225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2023, 01:30:34 AM »
I used Google mapping, and flew over Los Angeles...Malibu, Beverly Hills and  Be Aire..thousands of "cement ponds" all full of nce , blue, water..

Why do the green freaks allow this?  Shouldn't such wasteful luxuries be the first things to go ?

Ain't it interesting how that seems to be the case?  It's a terrible thing, until it's THIER luxuries that are threatened.

Roger

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2023, 01:46:07 AM »
  Same old stories..deprive the rest of us of necessities, while they keep their luxuries !  ...And they use "climate change" as their excuse for doing it !

..And to top it off, some even here, accept their "cock and bull" stories...