Author Topic: I see it’s daylight dumbass time again  (Read 415 times)

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
I see it’s daylight dumbass time again
« on: November 05, 2023, 01:23:31 PM »
How entirely stupid it is...

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
Re: I see it’s daylight dumbass time again
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 01:29:59 PM »
How entirely stupid it is...
Total Ignorance imo

Why it hasn’t been dropped is beyond me
Like Like x 1 Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Casull

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 03:12:52 PM »
Daylight savings time is what we WERE on.  It's back to darkness now.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 02:26:12 PM »
It is back to level as God created the earth.

I have zero desire to have the Sun come up a 9:00 O'clock in December.

What is the actual human circadian rhythm?

Circadian Rhythms
​​What are circadian rhythms? Circadian rhythms are physical, mental, and behavioral changes that follow a 24-hour cycle. These natural processes respond primarily to light and dark and affect most living things, including animals, plants, and microbes. Chronobiology is the study of circadian rhythms.

Tests have shown pissant daylight savings time screws this up , therefore; harming human bodily functions which in never adapts to.
God made man to funtion in God's set time for sun-set sun rising.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 10:19:14 PM »
i agree

Circadian Rhythms
​​What are circadian rhythms? Circadian rhythms are physical, mental, and behavioral changes that follow a 24-hour cycle. These natural processes respond primarily to light and dark and affect most living things, including animals, plants, and microbes. Chronobiology is the study of circadian rhythms.

Tests have shown pissant daylight savings time screws this up , therefore; harming human bodily functions which in never adapts to.
blue lives matter

Offline DDZ

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 01:38:15 AM »
i agree

Circadian Rhythms

Why have the extra hour of daylight in the morning? I think most people engoy it more in the evening. Now some people have to drive home from work in the dark.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 08:48:50 AM »
i agree

Circadian Rhythms

Why have the extra hour of daylight in the morning? I think most people engoy it more in the evening. Now some people have to drive home from work in the dark.
Verses driving to work in the dark?
Northern Minn. the Sun would come up Twenty Minutes after Nine in December.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 12:03:39 PM »
To each his own I suppose, but I would much rather drive to work in the dark, and still have some daylight after I got home. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2023, 12:32:09 PM »
GOD didn't invent the time we use. In fact it's totally un-natural to divide the day up into 24 pieces and then to subdivide that.

Humans are the only critter on the planet that worries about time. All others just go by the natural cycle of light and dark and decide based on what when to do what. In the beginning we were like that. Then we invented time and the whole world has been messed up ever since.

Now you guys are worried about whether we're on daylight savings or standard time and no one is happy about changing yet most aren't happy with standard time either.

Me I don't care. The clock is meaningless to me. I don't do things by the clock other than when I have a doctor's appointment. I get up when I wake and go to bed when I feel tired and sleepy. Matters not what the clock says.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2023, 07:15:02 AM »
GOD didn't invent the time we use. In fact it's totally un-natural to divide the day up into 24 pieces and then to subdivide that.
The Good Lord decided when Noon and Mid-Night would exist, without exception.

The numbering division of the two are a man made item, and Praise the Lord they did not use an assinine system based on 10.

God created the seasons, and dividing of time that comes with them.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2023, 11:13:24 PM »
whole word works on time. not just the doctors office. when your working (before retirement) everything at work is time. even retired we are a slave to the clock. what time the grocery, hardware ect sores open and close. what time to bring your car in for service ect.  if your out doing something or taking a ride on an atv ect your not going to make ma happy if you show up late for the supper she made. someone else invites you to supper or to go hunting or fishing they're not going to be happy when you show up two hours late because you dont worry about what time it is. we are all a slave to time. maybe not as much as when we were young but still we are. been that way since the first sun dial was created. or when the sextant was invented to navigate to the new world.   i really dont care which to keep but keep just one. im one with a strong internal clock. ive never needed an alarm clock. i know when its time to get up and when its bed time. heck i can wake up in the middle of the night to piss and tell you in the dark what time it is within a half hour or less. changing time screws that up for a couple weeks. im up at 3 in the morning and im falling asleep in the chair at 7pm. i have to forse myself to stay up at night and toss and turn for an hour in the morning for a week or two. im probably a time addict. i dont think ive ever been late in my life to anything.
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 02:45:09 AM »
I'm not a slave to time. I do what I want, when I want and don't worry about the time. I get my truck serviced once a year cuz I only drive about 2500 a year. All my friends have died so I don't have them to disappoint if I'm not there.

My only appointments are at the doctor's office.

Last night I sat up past 1:00 playing games on my computer and it was a little past 7:00 when I got up this morning. I'll stay up awhile, then take a nap and that will start and end without reference to a clock.

I program the TiVo unit to record shows I might want to watch. Then on whatever schedule I want I watch them or decide they aren't worth watching and delete them.

Time just isn't a driver in my life. I do things when my natural rhyme tells me it's time not when some clock tells me.

You might be different but time has little to no meaning for me.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Casull

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 08:57:40 AM »
To each his own I suppose, but I would much rather drive to work in the dark, and still have some daylight after I got home.

Agreed.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2023, 08:59:55 AM »

Circadian Rhythms

That is BS.  It's the changing back and forth that messes with your rhythms, not daylight savings time.  I say stay on daylight savings time year round.  I just don't like it becoming dark at 4:30 pm in December.
Aim small, miss small!!!
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 10:45:08 AM »
bill i spent my whole career watching time. i would be given a single sheet of paper saying they wanted a transmission or distribution line built from point A to point B. it would come with the engineers estimate of material cost and labor costs and you basicaly got it done or paid hell. go over cost or time more than a couple times or even once on a big job and next time someone else would be doing it and youd be looking for work. luckily i had my choice of who i wanted for a crew and they were all ass busters. time was everything and you learn to manage it with precision and its something ill never shake. it sometimes drives the wife nuts. i get up every morning with a plan that i decided on yesterday and if someone gets in my way wow be on to them. only thing different is the wife doest give me those big checks or bonuses ::) 
I'm not a slave to time. I do what I want, when I want and don't worry about the time. I get my truck serviced once a year cuz I only drive about 2500 a year. All my friends have died so I don't have them to disappoint if I'm not there.

My only appointments are at the doctor's office.

Last night I sat up past 1:00 playing games on my computer and it was a little past 7:00 when I got up this morning. I'll stay up awhile, then take a nap and that will start and end without reference to a clock.

I program the TiVo unit to record shows I might want to watch. Then on whatever schedule I want I watch them or decide they aren't worth watching and delete them.

Time just isn't a driver in my life. I do things when my natural rhyme tells me it's time not when some clock tells me.

You might be different but time has little to no meaning for me.
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2023, 12:58:11 PM »
Me too Lloyd when I worked for a living. The day I retired I took my watch off and hung it on the shaft of the blinkers on the left side of the steering wheel on my Bronco. I never looked at it again until I bought a new 2004 Tundra and sold the Bronco to Matt.

I retired in September of '95. I was a slave to time until I retired. I vowed I never would be again and I'm not.

These days I operate more like the wild critters I love to watch but no longer hunt. I do what I feel like when I feel like doing it.

Even with doctor appointments I insist they be at a time when I'm already up and about so I don't have to set the alarm to get up at some fixed time. I don't worry about whether I'm a bit early or a bit late getting there. I am one who is chronically early overall. Not because I watch the clock but just because I leave in plenty of time to be wherever I need to early.

I've not worn a watch in now in over 28 years. I'm so lackadaisical about time I often take a few days to reset the clocks in the house. Since what time it is doesn't mean much to me now I don't worry about the setting of them. In fact last time I didn't reset all of them and some were on one time, some on the other.

I spent my last 20+ years of working life in management. I had multiple meetings each day I had to attend and be on time to. I had loads of responsibilities that all revolved around the clock.

But now I'm long since retired and time has no meaning to me.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125