Author Topic: What do you hope to leave?  (Read 578 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
What do you hope to leave?
« on: November 10, 2023, 04:18:08 AM »
  Yes; many of us on GBO are well into our "golden years", and we don't know for sure what tomorrow will bring. 

From James 4..

13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.”

Since we cannot be sure what tomorrow will bring, what do you hope to leave your progeny as a legacy?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: What do you hope to leave?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 04:22:40 AM »
It's my opinion the best thing you can leave is memories of good times and good trips and good experiences and good values.
Like Like x 2 Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 04:29:23 AM »
It's my opinion the best thing you can leave is memories of good times and good trips and good experiences and good values.

Those are all admirable legacies, Gene..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 05:25:13 AM »
my first great grandson already has a 20 gauge ruger red label, an ar15, a 700 06, a glock 19 and a lcp. the way things are going he will probably be the only one of his pals that has a gun. by the way he's 4 months old. each one of my grandkids has got a 20 guage and a 243 and each of my nephews one gun of some sort they wanted. told the wife if i die she can do what she wants with the rest. sell them or hand them out. ill be dead and wont care
blue lives matter
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 06:26:46 AM »
"What do you hope to leave?"

A mess I could do little about.  ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 10:36:24 AM »
"What do you hope to leave?"

A mess I could do little about.  ;)

Unfortunately, I think we are all doing that as conservatives, through no fault of our own... ;) :D

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2023, 11:06:23 AM »
What I hope to leave is several billion dollars. However reality is quite different.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2023, 12:06:28 PM »
Not much anymore
Too many others that didn't want to rock
the boat ,and would enable and make excuses.
40 years + - ago I was pretty enthusiastic about
things in general. They got "Give-in-and-give-it-away"
Jimmy Carter out of the white house to where he
wasn't able to do as much harm to the citizens
and to the nation.  Things were still to where
the harder you worked at something you were
good at, the more money you could make.
Didn't have to worry much about having to mess
with people who weren't qualified for the job,
they would be gradually culled out by their own
ineptness. Had a fantastic credit score and no
roadblocks to negotiate
Man , after the America hating Klintons got
dug in things started swirl around the big toilet
bowl of life.  Me and a good many I know had
our retirement accounts nearly drained from
all the dot coms and S&L's and housing scandals
and all that.  Not much decent has happened
since then.  DJT 45 could have put things back
on the map if not for the America haters fighting
him every step of the way

I feel it's a shame that the kids now won't get
to experience the same success you get from
your own skills and experience and wisdom
because of the gubmint knocking you back
a bunch of steps so somebody can be "equal "
to you even though they're less skilled and
less experienced and don't have the same ability
and affinity for success as you do.

Nothing that I can do to change any of it,
but I still feel bad about it
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline DDZ

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2023, 01:56:49 AM »
Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth..." "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal.

I hope to leave my family with the Knowledge of Gods word, so that they will be accepted into the Kingdom of God. The above verse is difficult to follow, as we all have some treasures stored up here.
When my parents died three years ago. I was most grateful for the love and up bringing they gave me. Not what they left me in any valuables, except for a few sentimental items. I was blessed beyond words for the parents I had, and I want my kids to be able to say the same thing. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2023, 04:36:57 AM »
Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth..." "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal.

I hope to leave my family with the Knowledge of Gods word, so that they will be accepted into the Kingdom of God. The above verse is difficult to follow, as we all have some treasures stored up here.
When my parents died three years ago. I was most grateful for the love and up bringing they gave me. Not what they left me in any valuables, except for a few sentimental items. I was blessed beyond words for the parents I had, and I want my kids to be able to say the same thing.

Love it, DDZ..  I was holding my reply so more may feel compelled to join in..and each contributed something of value.

My hope for a legacy, is that I can leave whatever tangibles that exist to my only child (so), and he can distribute it as he sees fit. I already have
   him set where he can use my bank accounts as he wishes.

Many other tangibles, I have already handed out..not long ago, each of my grandkids were given 3-4 guns  apiece..but then I bought more.. ;) ;D

More than that however..I want to leave them with an honorable name to carry throughout their lives...one that ios ancient and clean.

Most of all, I want to leave them a Christian faith that has meant so much to their Dad Mom, Grandpa and Grandma..  A faith that it appears they will soon need in a very desperate way..

I thank God, that so far down to the youngest to make a choice, has chosen strongly, that which Grandpa has bequeathed them.

....And though I would dearly wish I could leave them a country such as all our forefathers established, and veterans ever since have fought to
  preserve ever since, which it looks like an ill-educated mob here in the USA are determined to destroy.

I pray that America may be regained from the foolish (or possessed), but if it fails..we know that is part of God's plan..and we know his plan..
  because it is all covered in THE BOOK !

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2023, 04:51:08 AM »
More importantly is what you have given them as you brought them up.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2023, 04:58:48 AM »
More importantly is what you have given them as you brought them up.

And I see it as all part of a good name, and Godly upbringing..

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2023, 11:30:09 PM »
come on Bill, we all know this site made you a billionaire :o
What I hope to leave is several billion dollars. However reality is quite different.
blue lives matter

Offline darkgael

• The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2023, 03:11:41 AM »
Leave as a legacy?  A strong sense of right and wrong and independence of thought. From what I can see now, they both have that.
Materially....Mary and I have some property in NYC and PA that is worth more than a bit. I have a lot of firearms....those will be split as well as a great deal of reloading supplies.
I hope that they will remember me fondly.
Pete

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2023, 12:00:18 PM »
 2 men, that are respectful, fair, hard working, know when to stand their ground, and some good memories!
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2023, 01:10:45 PM »
Well, at least a Plug Nicket (I have a genuine one in my piggy bank) and some sort of paper works so they do not deal with a Chinese-Fire-Drill for what belongings I leave behind.