Author Topic: Catholic Charities Making Millions Smuggling Illegals  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Catholic Charities Making Millions Smuggling Illegals
« on: December 19, 2023, 02:26:05 PM »
Catholic  Charities, and others, like United Way are raking in millions of federal tax dollars smuggling illegal border jumpers into the Divided States.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/22/government-hides-money-for-illegal-immigration-in-charities/
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Catholic Charities Making Millions Smuggling Illegals
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 11:15:19 PM »
yup government funded organization that has no affiliation to the church. but then you overlooked that fact because it would destroy the pot stirring reason you posted it.  ;D
blue lives matter

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 01:05:22 AM »
Dee: The article did have disturbing info, no doubt. I do, however, agree with Lloyd.....there was nothing about CC enriching itself (making millions) by smuggling illegals.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 01:32:44 AM »
    Rather than jump onto  one "charity", anyone who is concernwd might ought to compile a list of the various "charities" who are walking hand in
   hand with the Biden bunch..doing th ewill of the usurpers of America.

Meanwhile, from Lloyd..  " yup government funded organization that has no affiliation to the church."

I find that interesting Lloyd, since I was unaware that CC had no connection to the RC Church. 

..Can you document the claim?  I would like to see that, and such documentation would allay some common concerns.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023, 01:35:19 AM »
 there no doubt are catholics that donate to it but theres probably more people from the more liberal churches and from liberals that never enter a church. what should give it away is its ran by a board of directors. you ever hear of something catholic that is run by anyone or anything other then the church. i post a link about this last year and another on both the baptist and methodist church doing the same. this is baiting by dee. if you doubt it read his article and youll see he conveniently forgot to mention the other charities in that article. but if you want to jump in with him just remember its your turn tomorrow ;) remember one thing. you are a christian first. hes a texan. to us its God Family Country. to him its texas texas texas
blue lives matter

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 02:00:19 AM »
Says a lot when the leader of the catholic religion criticized the wall Trump was building, and told congress they needed to open their arms to illegal immigrants. As far as the United Way, I quit donating to them 20 years ago when I found out what kind of organization they are. Any charitable groups CEO shouldn't me making well over a million in salary.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2023, 02:15:38 AM »
cant argue that. we quit going to the church when the pope first started turning a blid eye to gays. they wont get a penny from me till they go back to the church the way it is suppose to be. doest change the fact im a catholic. no more than because bidens in charge i no longer call myself an american. im an an american first a republican second. a christian first a catholic second. an american first a michigander like 23rd. its just where my parents pumped me out.
Says a lot when the leader of the catholic religion criticized the wall Trump was building, and told congress they needed to open their arms to illegal immigrants. As far as the United Way, I quit donating to them 20 years ago when I found out what kind of organization they are. Any charitable groups CEO shouldn't me making well over a million in salary.
blue lives matter
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 02:24:30 AM »
Dee: The article did have disturbing info, no doubt. I do, however, agree with Lloyd.....there was nothing about CC enriching itself (making millions) by smuggling illegals.

Did any of you not read the 1st paragraph of the article?

https://themillenniumreport.com/2019/06/catholic-church-receives-billions-from-the-usa-illegal-immigration-proves-very-profitable/

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 02:43:23 AM »

https://themillenniumreport.com/2019/06/catholic-church-receives-billions-from-the-usa-illegal-immigration-proves-very-profitable/

Handy list, but far from comprehensive..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2023, 02:48:12 AM »

Handy list, but far from comprehensive..

Must not be happening then.  8)

Offline Dee

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2023, 03:09:51 AM »
   Campos-Duffy cited Jimmy Failla from a previous segment, claiming, “The only people getting rich off of this are the cartels.”

“He also didn’t mention the NGOs, the Catholic church, the Lutheran church,” she said. “A lot of people getting very rich off of this with government contracts.”

Surely something worth considering, since Ramos-Duffy, being an active RC member, has a high credibility factor, so far as I can see.  Far too many
    "mainline" churches are backing this sordid invasion.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2023, 12:49:02 PM »
Dee: "Did any of you not read the 1st paragraph of the article?"

Yes, I did. I just read it again. Your subject line for this thread is "Catholic Charities making millions smuggling illegals". There is nothing about CC profiting from smuggling in the first paragraph nor anywhere else in that article.
"

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2023, 02:49:14 PM »

Yes, I did. I just read it again. Your subject line for this thread is "Catholic Charities making millions smuggling illegals". There is nothing about CC profiting from smuggling in the first paragraph nor anywhere else in that article.
"

Catholic  Charities, and others, like United Way are raking in millions of federal tax dollars smuggling illegal border jumpers into the Divided States.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/22/government-hides-money-for-illegal-immigration-in-charities/

Seriously? the middle of the paragraph? These groups are hauling in millions in taxpayer dollars

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2023, 02:58:57 PM »
yup government funded organization that has no affiliation to the church. but then you overlooked that fact because it would destroy the pot stirring reason you posted it.  ;D

So, you saying that CRS (Catholic Relief Services) has nothing to do with the Catholic church?
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2023, 12:59:40 AM »

"

Seriously? the middle of the paragraph? These groups are hauling in millions in taxpayer dollars

Aha. My mistake and an apology. I was referring to the article that you linked in your post number seven. I should have gone back to your original link in post #1.
in either case, though, Catholic Charities has a long history of involvement with federally funded programs. The second article that you linked is much clearer about that. Whether or not CC (or other organizations) are "profiting" from their receipt of funds from the government is unclear. The NY Post article in the classic "take no prisoners" NY Post style opts for the something wicked POV.
There ia a lot of info on the internet about Charities in general and how much of what they receive actually gets passed on as service to the needy. Info about CCs is all over the place. Some reports say that CC passes 90% of what it receives to service; other reports say the figure is as low as 20%. THAT is a huge discrepancy. Which is correct? Are they looking at the same data? I do not know.

Offline Dee

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2023, 01:17:59 AM »

"

Aha. My mistake and an apology. I was referring to the article that you linked in your post number seven. I should have gone back to your original link in post #1.
in either case, though, Catholic Charities has a long history of involvement with federally funded programs. The second article that you linked is much clearer about that. Whether or not CC (or other organizations) are "profiting" from their receipt of funds from the government is unclear. The NY Post article in the classic "take no prisoners" NY Post style opts for the something wicked POV.

Yep, United Way, and Central American Refugee Center are also cashing in. This has been on the national news (Fox & Newsmax) some, but more so on local news here in Texas, because it affects Texas more.
While one here thinks she's getting special attention it's actually the news down here.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2023, 11:56:26 PM »
Dee: Clarification needed. [Yep, United Way, and Central American Refugee Center are also cashing in.]  The articles are unclear about whether the organizations named are growing richer or just handling more money. the second article cites $1.6 billion being sent/given to CCs. did the charity keep it or most of it or did they pass it on to service.?'

Offline Dee

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2023, 12:48:44 AM »
Dee: Clarification needed. [Yep, United Way, and Central American Refugee Center are also cashing in.]  The articles are unclear about whether the organizations named are growing richer or just handling more money. the second article cites $1.6 billion being sent/given to CCs. did the charity keep it or most of it or did they pass it on to service.?'

You should be able to easily get the information yourself. There are numerous sites on the  billions going to the catholic church and catholic charities. The several billion of federal  taxpayers money to the catholic church during covid I found amazing.

Offline darkgael

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2023, 01:10:11 PM »
DEE: I am searching. what I am finding, so far, are  positive reviews one after another. no indication of profiteering.
there must be alternate reviews, otherwise you'd not have posted what you did.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2023, 02:29:43 PM »
Most of the time you have to look past the articles written by the Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, and the host of other news outlets, that never ever have anything bad to say about the Biden regime, or illegal immigration for that matter. 

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/biden-shovels-millions-nonprofits-aid-his-open-border-schemes-congress-must

https://crisismagazine.com/opinion/illegal-immigration-and-the-catholic-church-follow-the-money

https://capitalresearch.org/article/nonprofits-fueling-the-illegal-immigration-crisis/
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2023, 02:32:42 PM »
Most of the time you have to look past the articles written by the Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, and the host of other news outlets, that never ever have anything bad to say about the Biden regime, or illegal immigration for that matter. 

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/biden-shovels-millions-nonprofits-aid-his-open-border-schemes-congress-must

https://crisismagazine.com/opinion/illegal-immigration-and-the-catholic-church-follow-the-money

https://capitalresearch.org/article/nonprofits-fueling-the-illegal-immigration-crisis/
ADZACKLY, gotta get off of search engines like google. Try duckduckgo

Offline Dee

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2023, 01:42:45 AM »
DEE: I am searching. what I am finding, so far, are  positive reviews one after another. no indication of profiteering.

Here is an older one, but its what the catholic organization as a whole is all about.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/04/us-catholic-dioceses-received-government-aid-while-sitting-on-billions

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2023, 03:32:22 AM »

Here is an older one, but its what the catholic organization as a whole is all about.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/04/us-catholic-dioceses-received-government-aid-while-sitting-on-billions

Obviously, no church should be accepting ANY funds from any government source..the "seperation" goes both ways !  Of course, the RC Curch
     was not alone, some mainliners are there withn their hands out also..

No Bible believing church should EVER be accepting government money...  Accepting government money invites the "camel's nose under the tent":...

Offline DDZ

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2023, 03:33:43 AM »
This isn't a slam against people who go to a catholic church, but if I did i would be warry of where my money is going. When our church belonged to the PSUSA, we realized the PCUSA was doing things that went against God's word, and drifting in to the realm of worldly views and ideas. So we we left the PCUSA. So each of us have to be diligent where and what direction your church is going, and where your money is going. I do know more churches today are drifting toward accepting world views, and government money. 
When covid hit the government was offering money to businesses and churches. Our ex pastor thought we should accept and get what money we could from the government. Our session rejected it. He got pissed, and he no longer is our pastor. The link to the article Dee posted is a perfect example of a church accepting government money just because they can, no matter how much they have in their coffers. Once a church goes into the idea of accepting government money. Government then can stipulate where that money goes.   The SCOTUS has said that faith-based organizations may not use direct government support to support "inherently religious" activities. Basically, it means you cannot use any part of a direct Federal grant to fund religious worship, instruction, or to help recruit people to your faith.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2023, 09:20:54 AM »
Now moving right along, WITHOUT THE PERSONAL ATTACKS!

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2023, 09:39:23 AM »
Now moving right along, WITHOUT THE PERSONAL ATTACKS!

Bill, this was on national news, as well as Texas local news. Lloyd wants to censor all things catholic claiming its directed at him. I doubt Fox News, or our local channels have ever heard of Lloyd Smale, nor care what he thinks about their news accounts. I know I don't.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2023, 11:05:19 AM »
STOP IT DAMN IT.

Yes I know it was national news and is a valid subject for discussion.

What is NOT a valid subject is the personal attacks and name calling between the two of you.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!