Author Topic: Wondering why..  (Read 156 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Wondering why..
« on: January 02, 2024, 02:47:32 AM »
  I see these videos of unruly folks being taken in, and almost universally, I am in agreement with the LEO..except for one point in some cases.

Here is a young woman beuing taken in..and deservedly so.  However, I wonder why the officer starts right off using "expletives", specifically the
    "F" word, when ordinarily, regular, polite, English terms would suffice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmuqu-sEASo

..At least in these videos, I hear all too often, the police using 'garbage talk' when dealing with people.  Isn't there some professional standard to
     be adhered to, and does this kind of verbage not lead to further resistance by the perp?

Yes, many of the trouble types use thaose terms regularly, but should an officer follow that lead?  ..But Perhaps it is just those videos..

..Just wondering...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline TrumpWon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Wondering why..
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 03:00:26 AM »
On December 29th you posted this:

"Which court is more &^$#@% up....Colorado or Maine ?"

What does "&^$#@%" mean?
Knowing your distaste of vulgar expletives and garbage talk I'm sure it's an ordinary, regular, polite, English term!

Offline Dixie-Dude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 03:01:45 AM »
This type of language is commonplace among younger people.  Respect has been lost all around the country, especially for older people.  Have you heard the term "Ok boomer"?  It is used by the younger people a lot.  The @#%!& type of typing has been used for years, even in comics.  It was to convey anger and allow the person reading to understand without saying ugly words.  That symbology is far more polite than saying the words. 
Opelika Portal

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 03:19:00 AM »
On December 29th you posted this:

"Which court is more &^$#@% up....Colorado or Maine ?"

What does "&^$#@%" mean?
Knowing your distaste of vulgar expletives and garbage talk I'm sure it's an ordinary, regular, polite, English term!

Trumpy...please put your 'thinking cap' on..  &^$#@% is far different than using "leftist language"...  I have noticed through usual TV reporting,
   that as DD says, such noxious language is more common among the uncultivated, younger folks, and especially egregious with the left.

It seems like most leftists cannot open their mouth to utter a sentence, without garbage falling out !

Still, in this case, I was addressing police professionalism.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline TrumpWon

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 03:44:16 AM »

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 03:53:23 AM »
" such noxious language is more common among the uncultivated, younger folks, and especially egregious with the left"

You haven't been paying attention. :)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-language/trumps-profanity-delights-supporters-horrifies-etiquette-experts-idUSKBN1F12SR/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12578413/Donald-Trump-uses-word-motherf-r-slamming-Dems-indicting-California-GOP-convention.html

..And in this case, he performed no better than the leftists.  ..But thank God, that unlike the left, he still has a love for our country..