Author Topic: Tasco 6-24x Varmint scope: micro review  (Read 647 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Tasco 6-24x Varmint scope: micro review
« on: March 29, 2004, 08:17:41 AM »
I got one of these and it seems to be pretty good for the price. It's no Leupold for clarity, but it's usable right up to 24x.  I just started using it, so I don't know whether it will hold a zero, but I'll be trying it some more with my .22, then putting it on a .270.   I'll post my findings.  Eye relief is short at higher magnifications. I like the mil-dot. The reticle is about the right size for prairie dogs out to 300 yards.

Shots hit the same point of aim when magnification is changed.  I have not tried any of the repeatability tests, because I don't need them, but  four clicks does seem to translate to 1" at 100 yards.

So far, so good.  If it holds a zero, it'll be alright for my occastional prairie dog trips.

This is an $80 scope.
Safety first

Offline bgjohn

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 08:33:22 AM »
I've got one of these too. It seems pretty good. It's on my CZ 452 Varmint. It shoots better than I do.
JM :grin:
I know nothing. I am only a messenger.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 06:13:03 PM »
I've got one too...Mounted on my H&R Ultra Varmint 223.  Of course I have yet to shoot it...Bad weather and a baby on the way have cut my shooting time down to nil.  First things first...The baby's room must be completed before fun time...You just know that I am trying to do the best job for the baby but it is hard when you want to have fun too.  Oh well, family first and then gun fun later.  That's how it should be.  :wink:
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline brasschaser

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 12:06:22 PM »
I had one too, and liked it for a while.  But then the focus lock ring came loose due to cheap materials used in its construction.  They just aren't durable.  Like most optics that come out of China, they have poor quality control and design.  Don't waste your money.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 07:51:10 AM »
He already bought it per his original post
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense