Author Topic: Any experts here chime in  (Read 243 times)

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Any experts here chime in
« on: February 16, 2024, 09:24:19 AM »
The people I've talked to are pretty
much 50/50 split
This knife has Marbles on the blade
and Marbles on the handle. It's a
carbon blade. There's a couple of
rust speckles.
The naysayers say that all genuine
Marbles had stag handles. I know
that's wrong because I've seen genuine
old knives with leather washer handles
and stag both. They also say that all
genuine original knives are carbon
which makes sense.
The yes it is people say that some later
genuine knives from the original company
have rubber handles, and
that some of the more modern pieced
together knives used NOS blades and
some were assembled in the original
fashion with leather or stag and rubber
both. I remember when the "new" Marbles
company started selling some years back,
and they sold knives with NOS blades and
parts and some with new handle materials.
The fakes are supposed to be
stainless 

Any opinions  ?
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Any experts here chime in
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 01:53:10 AM »
One sort-of acquaintance says this is
probably a gladstone . . .   ???     ???
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Any experts here chime in
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 07:44:00 AM »
the original marbles were leather washer handles. later the real marble company did bone and wood along wit the leather. i dont recall an original with rubber but i could be wrong. there was a transition period when marbles was bought and still ran the factory here. there were some carbon steel leftovers made but the pocket knives imediately were canceled and relaced with china stuff. then the owner moved to texas and started imorting all there knives. i was on ebay a couple months ago and saw some marble knives that looked like some of the ones i own. one of them was the marble cowboy. it was one of my favorites for actually gutting deer and i have 3 of them. they were over a 100 bucks 15 years ago. i think they were like 40 bucks on ebay. out of curiosity i bought one. what did i get? a piece of crap 40 dollar knife. it was about 3/4 size. the bone handle were fake and one side of the grips was twice as thick as the other and there idea of rivets was bent over wire. if i saw it in person i wouldnt have bought it at any price. marbles was a company rooted up here and everything they made was quality. when i met the new owner it took about 2 minutes to see he was nothing but a shyster. its a crime what he did to shame that brand and i knowing then what he did  to that name i would have been standing in line to kick his ass. a LONG line. good thing is his two main knife makers opened there own shops. one is bark river knives and the other is rapid river knives and imo both make a better knife then even the real marble in their hayday. but fair warning you are NOT getting anything close to the old knives so dont waste your money. i would guess thats one of the transition knives when they were in gladstone still and the jackass probably told them to use rubber to save money. i sat that because it does look to be carbon steel and all the imports are stainless
blue lives matter