Author Topic: Something rarely allowed on Youtube..  (Read 2039 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Something rarely allowed on Youtube..
« on: January 14, 2023, 05:55:53 PM »
  According to the video, this is a Pit bull dispatching a coyote which tried to attack the Pit's owner.
  Obviously, the dog is young and inexperienced..something is just off.

I am quite sure that given such a situation, any of my Airedales that I used to raise, would have crushed the throat of that coyote much quicker than that !

It would not seem that a Pit bull would have to be trained to go for the throat.  Over the years, I bred and raised Airedales and Jack Russells..and my wife had some Cairn terriers as house pets.

None of those terriers needed to be taught to go for the throat..it seemed to come as natural to them as breathing.

Even the Cairns used that technique...one was in his glory when he could find a snake..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udwGujcucww

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Something rarely allowed on Youtube..
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 06:05:10 PM »
A pitbull reacts to his prey drive. It's what makes him unpredictable, and dangerous. The more movement, and noise, the higher the prey drive goes.

Training patrol, and handler protection dogs, I delt with this daily.

A pitbull has an extremely high pray drive, and regardless of how the dog is raised, the dog is what it is.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 02:20:00 AM »
A pitbull reacts to his prey drive. It's what makes him unpredictable, and dangerous. The more movement, and noise, the higher the prey drive goes.

A pitbull has an extremely high pray drive, and regardless of how the dog is raised, the dog is what it is.

Dee, do you suppose that is akin to a cat's automatic reaction to catch mice etc.  They cannot seem stand to see a ball roll or a piece of litter blow by without they give chase..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 02:30:02 AM »
  Here is a video I found on line, that illustrates how with an Airedale, the throat of his foe is the natural target.

I have killed hundreds of coon with my Airedales...it's always the throat.  My Jack Russells have drawn out and killed
   many a woodchuck and some fox. As soon as they draw them out to the open, the throat goes crunch !

A friend who also had Jack Russells, once sent his JR to the ground, after a fox. He could hear the sounds of the fight
   emanating form the hole.
  Then things grew quiet..so he knew his dog would likely emerge.  Soon his JR came out...carrying the fox's lower jaw
  in his mouth..

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 02:53:56 AM »

Dee, do you suppose that is akin to a cat's automatic reaction to catch mice etc.  They cannot seem stand to see a ball roll or a piece of litter blow by without they give chase..

Likely.

Many of these killings, and maulings, are kids. Kids running, and playing with their squealing like yelling excites the dog, triggering "their prey drive", and they attack. When their victim becomes frantic and resists, the prey drive goes even higher.

I worked with an Amarillo P.D. K9 handler years ago whos Belgium Malinois would not out off a bite. The dog wasn't being stubborn like they believed. His prey drive was so high, he couldn't help himself.

My solution was numerous decoys taking bites one after another wearing the dog down, until he outed on the first command to out. As the dog became more fatigued, his  prey drive came down also. It worked. Doing this daily, and quitting on success, resulted in conditioning the dog to out on the  first command.

When the dog began outing off a bite like he should, they stopped the training I suggested, and he slowly went back to his old habit of his "prey drive" completely controlling him.
The dog was exceptional, the handler mediocre.

As I said, pitbull has an extremely high prey drive, PLUS, in the dog world they aren't very smart, regardless of their loving owners opinion. A pitbull cannot help being a pitbull anymore than a skunk can help being a skunk.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 06:37:01 AM »
     First off the narrator starts off saying the coyote was attacking the pits bulls owner . I find that statement totally out of character for a coyote .   

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 07:29:46 AM »
     First off the narrator starts off saying the coyote was attacking the pits bulls owner . I find that statement totally out of character for a coyote .

Same here, but I wasn't there.
Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2023, 08:10:55 AM »
I see this happen often with the hounds we use to run coyotes. We actually cornered one and captured it alive today. Got 2 live ones last Sunday. The snow is very soft right now and they get tired fast.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2023, 09:02:39 AM »
M

My friend, a now retired veterinarian, says about the same..