Author Topic: Most used tool..  (Read 2244 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Most used tool..
« on: November 24, 2022, 02:39:33 AM »
  I got to thinking to myself the other day, while working in my smithy, and considered which power tool of the several i use, do I use most often.

After some thought, I had to face it..the power tool I use most often, is my angle grinder.  I grind, cut, sand, brush
   and shape steel with it.
   I actually have 3  angle grinders in my shop.  One with a cutting disc, another with a wire brush and a third with a
     grinding disc.
  Curiously, they just happen to be of 3 different brands..Makita, Hitachi and DeWalt.

Whatever your trade or skill, did you ever consider which power tool would be in use more than the others?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Most used tool..
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 12:55:07 PM »
Leatherman tool....couldn't get through a day without It..
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Online Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 01:31:23 PM »
I would have to say saws. Circular, sawzall and tablesaw. If we’re talking non power tools it would be a hammer or mebbe a tape measure.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 03:45:25 PM »
My most used tool is the mouse I use with this computer.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 04:06:17 PM »
In my little shop, the angle grinder.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 10:47:55 PM »
power tools?? no doubt a drill. I did buy a dewalt 20 vt angle grinder last summer but only have used it twice and honestly i could have just as easily used my plug in milwaukee because most of my use for an angle grinder is on the bench. Since i got the plasma cutter the angle grinder just isnt used near as often anymore. Bottom line is if i had to cut back give me a dewalt drill and a dewalt circ saw sawing wood or drilling holes by hand SUCKS. If i could keep three the third would probably be my paslode gun.
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2022, 03:02:03 AM »
power tools?? no doubt a drill. I did buy a dewalt 20 vt angle grinder last summer but only have used it twice and honestly i could have just as easily used my plug in milwaukee because most of my use for an angle grinder is on the bench. Since i got the plasma cutter the angle grinder just isnt used near as often anymore. Bottom line is if i had to cut back give me a dewalt drill and a dewalt circ saw sawing wood or drilling holes by hand SUCKS. If i could keep three the third would probably be my paslode gun.

Curiously, I gave my Milwaukee chop cutter to my grandson, along with most of my blacksmith shop tools.
  I figured my angle grinder cutting blade would work as well...which it has and does.  If I were cutting something like long re-rods or any other long stock, the chop would serve better...but I am not doing that.

In non-power tools, I guess it would be hammers, vise, anvil & forge and tape rule...in about that order.

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 03:13:33 AM »
my favorite non power tools are made by dillon and rcbs. If i was a young man and had the finanical ability i have today id have an automated 1050 but im to old now to justify the price for the amount of ammo ill load till the day they plant me. but man oh man a fully auto 1050 that swages trims and has a case feeder and bullet feeder running all by itself is the set up i hope God lets me load on if he lets me in his shop. quote author=ironglow link=topic=296685.msg1099820040#msg1099820040 date=1669384923]

Curiously, I gave my Milwaukee chop 6cutt%er to my grandson, along with most of my blacksmith shop tools.

I figured my angle grinder cutting blade would work as well...which it has and does.  If I were cutting something like long re-rods or any other long stock, the chop would serve better...but I am not doing that.

In non-power tools, I guess it would be hammers, vise, anvil & forge and tape rule...in about that order.

[/quote]
blue lives matter