Author Topic: Optics for 10 Ga Pardner Turkey? Best place for ammo?  (Read 702 times)

Offline PASlugger

• Trade Count: (0)
Optics for 10 Ga Pardner Turkey? Best place for ammo?
« on: March 25, 2004, 02:22:56 PM »
Second NEF of the Month Picked up today, first was the 20 ga Ultra Slug Deluxe.  Today was the NEF Pardner 10 Ga.

Will primarily be a turkey gun.  Trying to decide if I put optics on, or not.  Since I'll only use it a few days each year, I don't want to break the bank.

What recommendations do you have?  Red Dot?  Fixed 4x, less?

Also, where is the best place to track down ammo?  The local guys don't carry much ...

Thanks

PASlugger

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Optics for 10 Ga Pardner Turkey? Best plac
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 02:56:38 AM »
I find ammo at Dicks Sporting Goods, Gander Mtn and Galyans.  Each of these stores have the 10GA Winchester Supreme High Velocity Turkey Loads in #4, 5 or 6.  I usually pay $9.99 for a box of 10 shells.

As far as optics are concerned I only have a Truglo Starbrite Bead Site on the 10GA...I didn't want to drop big money on a scope for a gun that I only shoot a couple times a year.  Besides the bead site doesn't add any weight to an already heavy gun.  

I did however, consider putting a red dot site that I have sitting in my gun cabinet just collecting dust.  I was concerned about this sites ability to handle the 10GA recoil though.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense