Author Topic: To retaliate, or not?  (Read 644 times)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
To retaliate, or not?
« on: April 13, 2024, 05:43:44 PM »
Should Israel respond in kind to Iran?  Yes Israel should,  but it should be with the right kind of missile.  The type we had guarding the USAF base I served on.  I think one would give Iran  pause to reconsider their situation.
Swingem

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: To retaliate, or not?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 06:21:50 PM »
. . . Yes Israel should,  but it should be with the right kind of missile.  The type we had guarding the USAF base I served on.  I think one would give Iran  pause to reconsider their situation.

JMO-  it'd be more effective if they sent one that produces a 200,000,000° F detonation
That's a possum that you would never have to worry about killing another hen never
ever never never ever never again
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 11:39:31 PM »
tiurn iran into glass
blue lives matter
Like Like x 1 Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 02:31:02 AM »
C'mon guys......you CAN'T really mean a nuclear option.  That kind of weapon is far to indiscriminate, and the residuals WILL contaminate the environment for EVERYBODY.
If nothing else, 21 years in the uniformed services has taught me that one should wage war with a reasonable amount of precision.  It makes zero sense to completely obliterate that which you're fighting over.
Now, I could well agree with conventional carpet-bombing them to such an extent that one can't walk 100 yards without stepping into a bomb crater.

Just my opine.....Roger
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 02:53:46 AM »
we have enough conventional weapons to bomb them into the dark ages. if we didnt have a neutered president, woke military leaders and the idiot liberals that would start mass protests this could be over in 2 days and iran would never again be a threat to anyone
blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 04:06:43 AM »
  I tend to agree with Roger...we should retaliate, but with precision.  Just opening up with nuclear fist, would only result in a spreading conflagration.

Substantive leaders will act with fully reasoned and seasoned fury.  Keep in mind, the final war of all time will transpire in the same area and the
    same prophesied antagonists of Israel are lined up in the near and mid east at this time   (Ezekiel 38)

This may be the best opportunity for Israel to employ bunker busters, to take out Iran's nuclear weapons program, which is very near fruition.

Also keep in mind, the shiite fanatics seem to think they need to start a world war, in order to introduce their "messiah" the 12th Imam..

The 12th Imam will emrge from a hole in the ground..to wreak destruction (draw your own conclusions)

Thus, we must keep in mind what they are seeking...and be ready to confront the resulting hostilities.

I'm for a measured response, which will yield maximum returns for what is expended...but be prepared to face the consequences.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2024, 09:02:43 AM »
Actually, I never mentioned the use of a nuke; my reference was the missile itself.  You would have to witness this thing to actually believe it.  The velocity defies imagination.
Swingem

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2024, 09:23:38 AM »

To close to the election for Joe to get involved in  another sandbox  war .   

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2024, 10:14:00 AM »
Actually, I never mentioned the use of a nuke; my reference was the missile itself.  You would have to witness this thing to actually believe it.  The velocity defies imagination.

Correct..you did not mention any nuclear weapon, and I am not familiar of course, with the missiles you had guarding the Air Force base you
   served on..

I was only reacting to the suggested use of nukes..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online scattershot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2024, 04:36:49 PM »
we have enough conventional weapons to bomb them into the dark ages. if we didnt have a neutered president, woke military leaders and the idiot liberals that would start mass protests this could be over in 2 days and iran would never again be a threat to anyone
They’re already in the dark ages.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2024, 04:55:44 PM »
  The frustrating part..

If we still had trump as pres..there would have been no Ukraine conflict, no Israel/hamas fight, or the inflation we are suffering through.

Nor would we have the border problem..or eventhe lawlessness the demonrats are promoting across the country !

Offline magooch

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2024, 05:21:23 PM »
There is only one little problem.  We don't have the ability to call for a "do-over".  We're stuck with the results of a fixed election and I think we're heading right into another one.
Swingem
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2024, 02:05:15 AM »
Why not just clean up our own mess in this country and let Israel, Ukraine, Iraq, Afghanistan, and others handle their own affairs? Oh! I forgot, you can't have a New World Order without controlling the rest of the world.Walk soft, carry a big stick and keep our noses out of the business of others. JMO!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2024, 02:14:42 AM »
Why not just clean up our own mess in this country and let Israel, Ukraine, Iraq, Afghanistan, and others handle their own affairs? Oh! I forgot, you can't have a New World Order without controlling the rest of the world.Walk soft, carry a big stick and keep our noses out of the business of others. JMO!
100%  This country has enough problems going on, we'd be much better off taking care of ourselves. And, can guarantee you, this country gets into something, attack on the power grid, internet/banking disruptions, whatever!! Nobody, Israel, Great Britain, France, Canada, nobody will be able to do anything to help. Or want to. 
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2024, 04:02:04 AM »
Exactly! You help one another during natural disasters, and let them handle their own man made crap.We broke away from a tyrannical monarchy and founded a country with freedom and equality.Now we want to become like the very world domineering country we escaped from.
We are not living the way our founders planned and sacrificed for and are becoming our own enemy. We want our footprint all over the world. When I say we, I mean our sorry excuse for our government today. I want to live once again in a country that lets someone live off the fruits of our own labor. Most people cannot make enough to get by today, so both parents have to work to just pay the bills and eat.

We are taxed to death by a monster of a government that care more for a foreign country than it's own people. Actually, they have outgrown the country, and want to govern the whole world along with a few other leaders from like minded countries.We need to reign in our leaders, and think about the USA for a change.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline magooch

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2024, 05:59:03 AM »
The  USA might well be able to ignore what the rest of the world is up to for maybe five minutes, but the rest of the world probably won't give us that  luxury.  The  most we might hope for is a leader who isn't a total moron and cares about what becomes of us.
Swingem

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2024, 04:27:33 PM »
JMO but as soon as Iran launched their attack a corresponding response should have taken place. No waiting, no consultations with allies and no hesitation. The only thing that people like the Iranians respect is strength and Israel demonstrated weakness by worrying about what it's allies would approve and not what it needed to do.
wtxbadger

Offline magooch

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2024, 05:20:02 PM »
If we had a real president (an actual leader) the Iranians probably would think again about starting something that they couldn't finish.  As it turned out so far, Iran didn't come out with a win.  And it ain't over yet.  They might find out that Irael has a few moves that might not be so pathetic.   

In any case, the fantasy of the United States of America being able to dismiss itself from world events is probably just that--a fantasy.
Swingem

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2024, 12:19:16 PM »
Well I don't know what to say

It's an irrefutable fact that these islamic terrorists
don't want peace with any infidels ( anyone who's
NOT a muslim)  and will continue to chip away in
what ever manner that they can get away with.
Just look at all the "death to israel" types right here
in this country.  Heard on the "news" where some
pro palestine woman threatened some gubmint
officials in person standing at a podium in front of
the people ( city council meeting?)

As hard as it is to grasp,  everybody is going to have
to get off the fence and quit enabling and making
excuses for the bad people of the world.  If the islamists
get their way and eventually conquer this nation,
You're either going to have to convert to islam or
they'll render you.  There won't be any grey area to
hide in or fence to sit on.  That's fact, not an opinion
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2024, 01:44:57 PM »
The young lady who threatened the city council was arrested and immediately started crying and begging to be let go. No doubt another young person who was never taught consequences of actions and accountability for what they do or say.

Betting the DA will either drop the charges or reduce the severity of them in woke solidarity with her.
wtxbadger

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2024, 01:58:18 AM »
IMHO Iran needs to be completely disabled
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2024, 05:13:38 AM »
The young lady who threatened the city council was arrested and immediately started crying and begging to be let go. No doubt another young person who was never taught consequences of actions and accountability for what they do or say.

Betting the DA will either drop the charges or reduce the severity of them in woke solidarity with her.

^ ^ ^ ^ this

An acquaintance sent me the footage
of the nutjob woman making the death
threat. Pretty plainly spoken. No mistaking
at all what was said, and the tone of voice
it was delivered in

" . . .We'll see you at your house.
We'll murder you.  . . "

What kind of effin nutcase is this
radical Islamic lefty ?
Anyplace in the civilized nation here
that should be grounds to be swiftly
taken to the ground and cuffed and
dragged away from the council
chamber.
Too much enabling and making excuses
in this day and age, in addition to those
trying to sit the fence.
In case some don't know. The fence
is pretty crowded from so many trying
to sit on it, in addition to the very real
possibility of getting a picket up the a$$.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .