Author Topic: Charles G. "Charlie" Nelson  (Read 6079 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Charles G. "Charlie" Nelson
« on: October 16, 2021, 05:52:15 AM »
I just got off the phone with Charlie's wife Patty. She told me Charlie passed yesterday morning.

I asked her if there was anything GBO members could do for her. She asked that members send cards to her and mention on it that you are a GBO member.

I'm sad to say I really don't know what Charlie's last name was, do any of you know?

The address is:

Patty  Nelson
700 Morgan Road
Payneville, KY, 40157

Patty's phone number is 270 980 2911. I believe she gave it to me to pass on you you guys once before so hopefully she won't mind me giving it here.

BROUGHT TO YOU BY HAGER FUNERAL HOME

Charles G. "Charlie" Nelson
Brandenburg, Kentucky
December 26, 1947 - October 14, 2021

Obituary

Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence.  Charlie was born on December 26, 1947, in Effingham, IL. Mr. Nelson loved hunting, fishing and shooting.  He was a member of Payneville Community Church and was a strong advocate for keeping prayer in the school system.  Charlie was a loving, hardworking man of God who always had a joke to tell.

Mr. Nelson was preceded in death by his parents, Harold Raymond and Adele Danks (Bell) Nelson; a granddaughter, Jadyn Nelson; and a sister Sheila Nelson.  He is survived by his wife of 41 years, Mary “Patty” Nelson; seven children, Cheryl (Darrin) Wright, St. Elmo, IL, Vickey Spurlock, Radcliff, KY, Larry (Crystal) Browning, Jr., Vine Grove, KY, Jason (Sue) Nelson, Big Spring, KY, John (Kristine) Nelson, Effingham, IL, Shawn Ingram Nelson, Vine Grove, KY and Charles D. (Sherrie) Nelson, Irvington, KY; two sisters, Sylva Nelson, Watson, IL and Sandra (Bill) Shelton, Heartville, IL; a brother Galen (Donna) Nelson, Salem, IN; 15 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren. We love you infin-infinity.

Cremation was chosen by the family, with a church service held at a later date.

To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Charles G. "Charlie" Nelson please visit our Tribute Store.

There are no events scheduled. You can still show your support by sending flowers directly to the family, or plant a tree in memory of Charles G. "Charlie" Nelson.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Charles G. "Charlie" Nelson
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 06:30:24 AM »
Charlie was one of a kind, with a forgiving heart, and an uncompromising faith in what was right, and what wasn't.
We didn't butt heads very often, but when we did, I was almost always the instigator, and it was seldom worth the effort.
He started PMing me out of the blue, and that without outside interference of the forum format, i finally got where he was coming from.

He believed what he believed, and wouldn't be swayed. His belief was never about himself, but instead about faith, and Salvation in God, and God bless him for that.

Thanks Charlie, from a hard old man.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 11:58:26 AM »
Yup Charlie was a one of a kind guy. I've always liked him from the early days of this site when he first showed up. He got mad about things or people a few times over the years and left the site for awhile.

When he was gone I always missed him and his comments and was always happy to see him return. He had many times he was too ill to post and again I missed his commentary during those times.

I never got to meet Charlie face to face but I feel sure we would have gotten along famously if we had. Charlie was an internet friend, about the only kind I have anymore. I seem to have out lived all of my close friends.

I'm gonna miss Charlie a lot and the forum will miss him and his regular new threads he posted to start discussions. I know a lot of folks here will miss him and his discussions.

RIP Charlie, we miss you already.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 01:50:31 PM »
Yep, one of the good guys.
Aim small, miss small!!!
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 01:38:02 AM »
  Charlie..  Always firmly in the word of the Lord...now firmly in thearms of the Lord..

" We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. "
    (2 Corinthians 5:8)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 05:34:07 AM »
Very hard to to except the fact that someone who was a regular poster is gone but that is the way it is for each of us. we are hear for a short time and then we are gone and as Dees said all that is left is maybe some family pictures and a Head stone in some Cemetery somewhere. As My wife passed first she is buried in the national cemetery at Fort Gibson Oklahoma I go there once in a while to put flowers on (our) grave because that is where I will also be and I can see my head stone, not a pleasant thing to contemplate but that is life. RPI Charlie

Deaconllb
Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 09:39:36 AM »
Charlie and I always agreed on a subject that’s close to my heart, ABORTION.
The murder of GOD’s most precious.

He’s with the LORD.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 02:41:55 PM »
The good ones are getting to be
fewer and fewer
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 07:14:07 PM »
I'm glad I returned here before he passes. He and I always got along very well.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2022, 08:05:40 AM »
He got along well with most.  He was a good guy.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2023, 12:24:48 PM »
Charlie,

I was not there at the end.    I am so sorry I was not able to say goodbye.    You have found peace, and I was privileged to have known you for so many years.

See you again, one day, my friend.

James
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto