Author Topic: Coming here next?  (Read 370 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Coming here next?
« on: April 29, 2024, 02:22:48 AM »
  The left likes to import it's ideas from UK and the continent..will our own knotheads try to bring this idea here?

The UK parliment to discuss "assisted dying".. 

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/326/petitions-committee/news/201108/assisted-dying-petition-to-be-debated-by-mps/

When the government says you don't need a gun....well..  When the government talks about dignified, peaceful, and restful death...well..

I wonder if they will be talking about their own assisted death... or the deaths of others..

Seems I recall, the FISA act was only going to be used to spy on known terrorists...   ;) :D ;D

PS...as I recall, the Dutch are already well into such a program, and word is not all deats are entirely voluntary...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Coming here next?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 03:08:04 AM »
In case you weren't aware it has been here for a whole bunch of  years and is very actively practiced. These days it hides under the guise of hospice and once they are called in the patient is usually dead within days.

They are administering very high doses of morphine under the pretense of pain relief. But they will continue to increase the dosage until the patient dies and it rarely takes more than 3-5 days.

I've known several folks including my mother in law who got that assisted death treatment.

I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of terminal patients these days actually die from assisted suicide from the hospice folks and morphine.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 03:18:59 AM »
 I thought that Oregon or Washington already had euthanasia. And Greybeards correct on the hospice plan. Heard they had been doing it for years.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 04:56:22 AM »
In case you weren't aware it has been here for a whole bunch of  years and is very actively practiced. . . . .

I guess everybody forgot about ol
Dr. Jack Kevorkian back years ago.
There was 3 cargo ship loads and
10 freight trains worth of jokes and
television skits and enough magazine
articles to fill a couple of libraries.
Some state somewhere finally tried
and convicted him of murder ( can't
recall exactly the charge(s) but I'm
thinking he spent about 10 years in
prison and finally got cut loose
when he was dying himself
It was pretty controversial and in
every manner of the "news" and
talk shows etc. for several years
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 04:57:22 AM »
Now I recall they nicknamed
him Dr. Death
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline gene_225

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 07:50:44 AM »
In case you weren't aware it has been here for a whole bunch of  years and is very actively practiced. These days it hides under the guise of hospice and once they are called in the patient is usually dead within days.

They are administering very high doses of morphine under the pretense of pain relief. But they will continue to increase the dosage until the patient dies and it rarely takes more than 3-5 days.

I've known several folks including my mother in law who got that assisted death treatment.

I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of terminal patients these days actually die from assisted suicide from the hospice folks and morphine.

My grandmother got that "help" in '51 when she had non treatable cancer. I was pretty young then, but it was clearly a relief to her and the rest of the family.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 10:04:22 AM »
  I guess we can undwrstand mophine ovedose if the patient wants it..  However, it as I understood it, that years ago some Dutch docs were getting a
     bit too eager.  ..So eager, that some residents of nursing homes were refusing their daily medications...not trusting their pills.

Here is an article, ostensibly explaining the Netherlands Docs position.. 

https://www.firstpost.com/explainers/netherlands-to-allow-euthanasia-for-children-below-12-which-other-countries-legalise-assisted-dying-12459262.html

If you click onto "continue reading" you will see this "lawyer words" under the picture of the syringe..

" any Dutch citizen aged 18 or above can ask for assisted death, as per Voice of America (VOA).

While parents of teenagers aged 16 and 17 are involved in the discussion, their permission is not mandatory."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here, an article explains how a teenaged girl was "offed" because she was suffering from depression...

Does it matter that teenage girls often go through stages of depression, especially these days of "social" websites?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/06/noa-pothoven-and-dutch-euthanasia-system/591262/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I said in regard to the FISA rule...give a control freak an inch...and he 'll take a mile..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2024, 09:55:59 PM »
never crossed my mind but ma came home to hospice and lasted 3 days. coincidence???

blue lives matter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2024, 01:39:46 AM »
  Frankly, I believe the morphine treatment is an "open  secret"!  When somneone is in the last stages of life, dying from their very flesh decaying
  inside their body or brain, I doubt we all can understand the intense pain they are suffering.

When a loved one arrives at the point where their life is just one wave of pain after another, would you have the doctors to withold pain relief
  so as to be sure trhey were not hastening their demise?   Heavens man, we do that much for a dying dog or cat!

What I was referring to, was the unnecessary euthanasia.   Did you view the links I provided, where teenagers are convinced to relieve their
  depression by way of death. administered by a doctor?

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2024, 05:32:18 PM »
 I can only speak about my own experience with Hospice care. Last September, I lost the love of my life to lung cancer. We cared for her at home with the help of hospice. My Granddaughter who is an N.P. was here to help as well. The medication given to her in her last day's was only enough to ease the pain. This is the only experience I have had with Hospice, but I was grateful for them in our case.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2024, 08:14:14 AM »
I can only speak about my own experience with Hospice care. Last September, I lost the love of my life to lung cancer. We cared for her at home with the help of hospice. My Granddaughter who is an N.P. was here to help as well. The medication given to her in her last day's was only enough to ease the pain. This is the only experience I have had with Hospice, but I was grateful for them in our case.

My mother-in-law was in hospice care for several months.  She appreciated it and so did her children.  No 3 days and you're gone.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2024, 05:28:34 PM »
   ..."The medication given to her in her last day's was only enough to ease the pain."

To ease the pain...not "take somebody out"..  While in Europe, It appears to be otherwise..

Consider; the folks who go to hospice care...do it when death is at their door..