Author Topic: Cutting tools are now "dangerous weapons for Australian teen gangs  (Read 500 times)

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
I was sent another "news" snippet about
Australia's "knife problem "
Seems that folding knives very much like
what a large number of us carry and use
on a daily basis, and machetes have turned
into "deadly weapons " in Australia causing
some of their "teen gang" problems.
It was a clip from an Australian "news" program
that I wasn't able to post here, but I'm sure
somebody here can find it if wanted.
They showed a table of common cheapo
folding knives and modern looking machete
type cutters that they are calling "gang weapons "
To me it's just another blame-anything-but-the-person
type deal like we've seen for guns and knives
and fertilizer and rental vehicles and everything
else that pinhead psychopaths use to do harm.
Seems many would rather walk across broken
glass than blame a deranged person for their
actions. And God forbid that you talk about
punishment for someone that can't behave in
a civilized manner
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Cutting tools are now "dangerous weapons for Australian teen gangs
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 01:58:10 PM »
  It often seems they would rather blame knives, rather than terrorists.  Here, a terrorist stabs a bishop right at the altar..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c_JYNY_gso

When the below event happened, it seems the "authorities" said in effect.. "We don't yet know what the motive was, but it wasn't terrorism".   

Question:  If you DON'T KNOW what the motive was, how can you automatically rule out terrorism?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sydney-australia-stabbing-attack-5-dead/
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)
Agree Agree x 4 View List

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 03:43:54 PM »
Enabling and making excuses has
become fairly universal.
I'd have never thought about all the
anti Israel sentiment across the nation
right now, or officials who would
blame cutting tools for the actions of
dull brained dangerous idiots.
People are cheering on the islamic
terrorists openly everywhere you go.
 Nobody wants to hold people accountable
for their actions no matter what or
when or where

18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Online gypsyman

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 02:22:23 PM »
 Think back a decade or 2 ago. England government proposed that knives with a sharp blade were a problem. So wanted to, don't know if they did, pass a law that knives were to have a dull blade. As the comedian Bill Engvall says--Here's your sign!!
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024, 01:39:19 AM »
I haven't forgotten about the UK.
I remember when Steven Dick the
knife writer had an article about
the subject.  One had to prove a
genuine need to have a knife,
even meat cutters and kitchen
workers.  Pretty silly
Same types like here that
enable and make excuses for
people who can't/won't obey the
agreed upon rules of a civilized
society
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024, 01:56:01 AM »
  As usual, the left makes big noise and collects donations and votes from the gullible, by making a big deal of the symptom, rather than the basic problem.

They rail on about guns, knives etc .  If they could/would stop knives and guns, the murder minded would just switch to explosives, poisons,
    bilogicals arson, or some other device.

If there is to be an answer, they must triuthfully treat the base problems...  No home training, Godlessness, broken families, drugs, political
   opportunists, inflated egos and the evils p[romoted by social media , which is so addictive for some....which would be a start.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2024, 08:28:06 AM »
Don't forget the real need for
capital punishment.
There's no need in warehousing
all these multiple repeat offenders.
To me ,what we do now is the
same as it would be to build a
tight secure shed to warehouse
all the varmints that commit
depredations to your property
and livestock, or live trapping
them and releasing them
repeatedly
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Total absurdity abounds in the world. But there are several tools that need to be eradicated. One that comes to mind is a sleeping tool. The (Fluffy Pillow). It has been used to kill people you know!  I've seen them used in movies and TV.  Suffocation is a horrible way to go, and do we REALLY need a pillow for a good nights sleep? Think about it...........If a pillow wasn't present when a crazy sob wanted to kill a sleeper, he might just walk away, and another life could be saved. "Man, there are so many things I have been ignorant of before Leftists took over.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
   Of course, then there is hard candy and tough beef...choking threat..   Then there is alcohol and cigarettes....slow death..

Although in some cases alcohol brings on a rather quick death..

Then there are amusment ridesand skiiers..who wander off trail.

...And don't ignore the threat posed by Peanut butter..

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
Total absurdity abounds in the world. But there are several tools that need to be eradicated. One that comes to mind is a sleeping tool. The (Fluffy Pillow). It has been used to kill people you know!  I've seen them used in movies and TV.  Suffocation is a horrible way to go, and do we REALLY need a pillow for a good nights sleep? Think about it...........If a pillow wasn't present when a crazy sob wanted to kill a sleeper, he might just walk away, and another life could be saved. "Man, there are so many things I have been ignorant of before Leftists took over.

You remind me of one of the members of the view...

Online gypsyman

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
Think back a decade or 2 ago. England government proposed that knives with a sharp blade were a problem. So wanted to, don't know if they did, pass a law that knives were to have a dull blade. As the comedian Bill Engvall says--Here's your sign!!

About 60 years ago I made a train trip to DC and the East Coast to visit family. When I was in Philidelphia I seem to remember a newspaper article saying that the city had outlawed the purchase/sale of sharp knives. Never followed up on how well it worked out, but my suspicion is that it made no dent in the crime problems they were having. I think the English government will find the same thing.

Offline GTS225

• Contributor
About 60 years ago I made a train trip to DC and the East Coast to visit family. When I was in Philidelphia I seem to remember a newspaper article saying that the city had outlawed the purchase/sale of sharp knives. Never followed up on how well it worked out, but my suspicion is that it made no dent in the crime problems they were having. I think the English government will find the same thing.

Which means they'll then have to outlaw raw steel supplies, bench grinders, and whetstones.  After all, you can't allow the criminals access to the supplies to build their own.....right?

Roger

Offline Ranger99

Criminals don't even need what we'd
consider essential tools to make their
cutting/slashing/stabbing implements.
One acquaintance is a prison C.O. and
was nearly rendered by a pinhead with
the jagged end of a florescent light tube.
I know several C.O.s/ jailers, and some of
the stuff they can relate to you will make
you sleep with one eye open.
One of the favorites is a trazor, a thing
they make with a toothbrush handle
and a razor blade they "harvest " by
stomping a disposable shaving razor
and melt it all together.
One had 2 inmates feuding over the
ownership of a ramen dinner from the
commissary, and the loser woke up
with his throat slashed wide open
and spewing.
Lots of stuff that criminals put together
to commit crimes with if they can't
buy or pay for with a booty ride
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline ulav8r

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Jack Belk told us about a custom knife show he was selling at in Florida, don't remember the city.  The police came in checking the knives and arrested several of the sellers.  As they tried to arrest him, he asked for the wording of the city ordinance they were supposedly enforcing.  The ordinance specified that knives with two sharp edges were not allowed to be sold.  Jack then picked up one of his double edged knifes and gripped the edges and pilled the knife through his fingers.  Then he told the police that none of his knives were sharpened on either edge.  He was not arrested.

Offline Casull

He doesn't understand that.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Mule 11

He doesn't understand that.

You wish... I knew it was sarcasm just as I know you are full of sh.t as usual... I am tiring of the useless banter here... Bye!

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  All this banning knives and guns is "just for show"..or Kabuki theater, if you wish.

Makes the slow witted leftie politicians feel good that they have crushed more freedoms annd it makes the dimwitted, rank & file left leaner.."feel
   good" that their chosen Kabuki actor is "going through the motions."

It doesn't accomplish dog-doo, criminals pay no heed to laws anyway...

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
" It doesn't accomplish dog-doo, criminals pay no heed to laws anyway..."

Boy is that the truth. Why would they?

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)

I hope it haint whoopie..........Dang she one ugly thang!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Mule 11

I hope it haint whoopie..........Dang she one ugly thang!

That has to be one of the stupidest, ugly, bitches that have ever lived. Seppin, maybe for hillary... Oprah isn’t far behind, madeline albright etc, etc, etc.

Offline Ranger99

I didn't realize how few places are
offering decent quality affordable
knives for kitchen use anymore.
Wallyworld has a bunch of junk
and if you want anything better you
have to go to one of the boutique
type stores like crate and barrel or
one of those and buy a chef's knife
for a couple of hunnert dollahs.
I'm happy I don't need anything myself,