Author Topic: Talking racism and repartations..  (Read 243 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Talking racism and repartations..
« on: May 05, 2024, 11:19:35 AM »
   Should I dislike these little girls for what their great grandpa may have done at Pearl harbor?

Should I expect them to pay reparations to my great grandchildren?

For me, the answer is a clear NO, I just cannot harbor that much hate in my heart
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online scattershot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Talking racism and repartations..
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 11:59:09 AM »
Reparations is a stupid idea dreamed up by gimmedat politicians to buy votes.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 04:55:25 AM »
Reparations is a stupid idea dreamed up by gimmedat politicians to buy votes.

Exactly Correct

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2024, 12:18:40 PM »
 Pretty much started with the president LBJ and his Great Society bill. They've been brainwashed into thinking that what happened 4-5 generations previous, is still owed to them. Now, pretty much the Democrats are using it as a tool for more votes. After all, it's not their money their giving away!!
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline neckisred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2024, 11:02:06 PM »
Pretty much started with the president LBJ and his Great Society bill. They've been brainwashed into thinking that what happened 4-5 generations previous, is still owed to them. Now, pretty much the Democrats are using it as a tool for more votes. After all, it's not their money their giving away!!
I thought this all started with 40 acres and a mule? We shoulda picked our own dang cotton......... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2024, 03:02:35 AM »
I thought this all started with 40 acres and a mule? We shoulda picked our own dang cotton......... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Actually, slavery as known in the south, was about to become obsolete.  Yes, Eli Whitney's cotton gin was already operating..but further developments would have changed things...

Cyrus McCormick was producing the reaper as early as 1837..paving the way for further harvesting machines..

Sam Colt successfully demonstrated assembly line techniques..showing the way for mass production of farm machinery..

Perhaps by the beginning of the 20th century...many slaves would have been freed anyway..   

However, this in no way justifies slavery, just helps to explain it's possible demise.

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)