Author Topic: What Happened to the 30-30 bullet mold program?  (Read 935 times)

Offline Longcruise

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.mikeswillowlake.com
What Happened to the 30-30 bullet mold program?
« on: March 24, 2004, 07:26:30 AM »
On the old nef site a few guys were pooling resources to buy a custom 30 cal mold from LEE.  It was planned to be a 210 grain spitzer.

Did those molds ever get built?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
What Happened to the 30-30 bullet mold prog
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 09:18:52 AM »
Funny you should ask, I just got an e-mail from the originator of the plan today. Lee says they are working to complete the dies and order as we speak!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 10:38:55 AM »
Is there still room for anyone else who was not on the old nef site to get in on the deal?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 10:57:03 AM »
Tom, send a e-mail to Jay at aladin@charter.net to see if any he ordered (100 or more!!) are unclaimed at this point, he is the man who would know, Good Luck....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 11:35:58 AM »
Thanks,

Just sent him an e-mail.

Offline Deadeye47

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 01:21:15 PM »
I must have missed out on that discussion...it sounds interesting...are they G.C.'d bullets? I might be interested in some to test out.... I have a couple things I can roll those into...:roll:
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 01:28:16 PM »
Yup, they are GCed. Designed for extreme long range shooting.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Deadeye47

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 06:57:26 AM »
Is someone going to pour these things up or is the mold going to get passed around? I don't cast but would be glad to chip in to defer the price of the mold to get a few to try out. Do we know what size they will be swaged to yet??  :P
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 07:27:15 AM »
Deadeye, One of the guys from the old forum designed it and a bunch of us got together and ordered  them. The designer collected the money and is having Lee make the molds to his specs. A little over 100 guys sent in money if I remember correctly. We are waiting for Lee to complete the molds as we speak. Each guy will get a mold and from there it's up to him. You can refer to that e-mail address I posted earlier. Once we actually get the molds and get started I am sure someone here will be happy to share with you....<><.... :grin:

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 07:37:53 AM »
It was a group purchase of  moulds. Nearly a hundred casters signed up and paid in advance. It's up to the individual caster what he will size to. I'll likely try a batch at .311 and another at .309.

These are only single cavity moulds, and while you could likely talk someone, maybe even me, out of a sample batch, you would not be likely to find a continuing supply. Once these moulds are gone, they're gone unless you can find 25 people to go in on another order from Lee.

If you are interested, best check with Aladin to see if he has any unpaid for. Failing that, all you can do is to post on the various cast bullet boards that you want to buy one. Some folks ordered more than one and some folks will find that this bullet does not work for them.

It's going to be several weeks, maybe a month, before anyone has one. The factory is still putting finishing touches on and then they have to get to Aladin to be checked and sent out.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Deadeye47

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2004, 09:38:09 AM »
OH...OK I see the big picture now....I was thinking it was just one mold!  :shock: LOL  As I said I don't cast but I know someone who does so I wish I had gotten in at the beginning...I still may be able to finagle one from someone..Thanks for the info.  msp_ret and leftoverdj. Sounds to be a real thumper...hope if works out for everyone.... :-)

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
I'm not too sure that is correct?
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2004, 08:04:35 PM »
Some time back I contacted Lee about getting one of their .44 moulds. It's the one that looks like an LBT bullet with the wide nose. I asked them if it would be possible to obtain that same mould from the without the gas check. They said yes it was, somone already had that idea and had paid them for making the cherry. All I had to do was pay the price of the mould plus an extra $15 or so for a special order. They did n't say anything about anything about it needing to made in lots of 25 or anything.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff