Author Topic: how was it done  (Read 7827 times)

Offline locust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: how was it done
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2021, 03:21:43 PM »
is a cross considered a cross if the cross bar is at the feet of the one hung-up ? in that form ,hard to call it a crucifix .

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2022, 06:30:53 PM »
i am thinking i have figured it out . the cross bar was not up near the person's head . the bar would of been down below the feet of the victim. why?? but to give the people standing the thing up some place to hold on to. they would have purchase points, to more easily manhandle it up ,it would keep it from twisting do to the off center weight of the man's body. the cross ,if thats what it could be called when its planted with the bar at the bottom.
there is one other issue that rarely if ever gets thought of is how did they get that pole up out of the ground to get the dead man off from it? fact is there is no way to get it up unless there is a cross bar close to the ground. the bible does not say how many men were involved in lifting the pole up out of the hole . two could do it but more would be needed to keep it from crashing down.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2023, 02:48:16 PM »
i was wondering how did they attach the crossbar handle to the pole .i think   maybe they cut a hole through the post so that a small pole could be inserted through the pole

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2024, 10:01:34 AM »
i was also wondering why nails were used , why not rope ? it likely was used  at one time . thing is nails are hard, if not impossible to get out of the wood, that is if ya dont have the right tools. my thought is nails were used to keep any would-be rescuers from getting the one hung up down. also thinking 4 nails were used.
Old Old x 1 View List

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2024, 12:43:41 PM »
Locust: You are, if nothing else, persistent. Your original post was in May 2021 and here you are nearly three years later.

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2024, 03:11:30 AM »
darkgael, you now have the opportunity to explain the needed steps to stand an implement of execution   . i limit you to five men one is telling the four what to do. try it with a cross then try it with an upside-down cross . which is the easiest?  after that ,now you are charged with taking that man down but with the use of four men . how are you going to do it ?

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2024, 05:12:13 AM »

The  Apostle Peter  was crucified upside down , he did not feel worthy to die in the same matter as Christ . Just  Give thanks that  Christ took yours & my place on the cross  . 

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2024, 12:12:00 PM »
humm ,you must of missed a page or two

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2024, 01:17:08 PM »
humm ,you must of missed a page or two

Hmmm..you must have missed many, many pages of historical and archaeological import !  Sure, perhaps some were nailed or tied to a tree
  as a way of capital punishment.  This likely happened sfter a hasty trial and speedy punishment, and not as a formal governmental act.

Archaeology has found a heel bone from the first century, in Jerusalem.. a heel bone showing the manner of placing the foot beside the upright
    stake, before nailing.  A similar relic was found in a recent dig in Cambridgeshire, Uk..dating from the Roman occupation.

Further...early Christians were mocked and martyred...  grafitti has been found that was scrawled by Roman legionaires, mocking individual
   Christians among them.  One from the early second century pictures Jesus as a donkey, while another from the first century, clearly shows hos the nails were placed.

History and archaeology has proven the Bible correct..so give it up !

First; the Jerusalem tomb finding..    https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/crucifixion/ancient-crucifixion-images/
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2024, 03:54:43 PM »
i had seen the nail pictures, hardly long enough to go through both feet hardly long enough to go through both hands if two nails were to be used. its why I said 4 nails were used . never said no one had never died on a cross. it can take days to die hung-up that way . however, with Jesus he had to be dead in a relatively short time . as in a few hours .
if a person was not dead in a few hours the legs would be broken which was not the case for Jesus. the other two men ,there legs would of be broken. they died from suffocation

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2024, 04:21:07 PM »
regardless of whatever  thing was used,a cross with a crossbar up near the top or down near the bottom or if it was a pole with no cross bar at all .it would need to be laid down to remove the man .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2024, 12:59:24 AM »
   Sigh.......

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2024, 09:58:33 AM »
   Sigh.......

you have been given enough time to ponder .soooo ,,how did they (who ever they are) get the body down and off ,to intomb the man ?

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2024, 02:00:00 PM »
Shoots and ladders goin' up now
Shoots and ladders goin' down now
Shoots and ladders goin' up now
Shoots and ladders goin' down now

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2024, 05:12:57 AM »
Locust, do you have anything else on your mind, that we can help you with?

Offline locust

• Contributor
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2024, 04:07:20 PM »
here's your opportunity to write in detail how the implement, of his execution, was it stood up . you only get to use four men to stand and to take him down. and go   

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2024, 04:35:20 PM »
THAT would be TELLING!