Author Topic: Traditions "Trapper" Pistol  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Virginia Yank

• Trade Count: (0)
Traditions "Trapper" Pistol
« on: April 07, 2003, 07:31:52 AM »
A recent flyer from Dixie Gun Works advertised a Traditions "Trapper" for $175.  Single shot, 50 cal, adjustable sight, with a set trigger.  Looks a lot like a T/C patriot.   Has anyone had any experience good or bad with this model and manufacturer?
Virginia Yank

Offline fred carter

Trapper Pistol
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 03:43:06 PM »
I bought one from that flyer.  Shoots real good but---the set trigger must have 25lb pull.  The hammer fall seems slow but--it is accurate and have never had a mis fire.  Does any body have a way to adjust the set trigger? :?

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 04:51:48 PM »
I used to have one and got rid of it and got a Lyman Plains Pistol.  The quality of the Traditions seems lower than the Lyman, and the Lyman is a little crude.  

I also now have a T/C Patriot Pistol as well as the Lyman Plains Pistol and the quality is substantially higher than the Lyman.  The trigger on the Trapper, although double set is no where close to the T/C.  That price on the Trapper must have gone up quite a bit over the past few years, if that is what they are asking for it.

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
Trapper
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 02:12:07 AM »
I have a trapper.  When I first had it the trigger was very creepy.  There is a tiny little screw that adjusts things.  Look at the trigger plate.  You will need something like an eyeglass screw driver to adjust it.

Offline fred carter

Trigger Pull
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 05:28:20 PM »
Thanks Unspellable--That is a little adjustment screw.
Fred Carter

Offline jgalar

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 08:16:45 AM »
Don't remember the direction, but you set the trigger than adjust the screw until the hammer falls - then turn it the other way one turn.