Author Topic: 510 sizing die for SAECO?  (Read 528 times)

Offline FAsmus

• Trade Count: (0)
510 sizing die for SAECO?
« on: March 31, 2004, 11:04:52 AM »
I have a good SAECO lubresizer and now I want to try out shootiing 50 caliber bullets. Unfortunately SAECO does not offer anything bigger than 0.460.

Does anyone know of where I can either have a smaller die opened up or have a new die made for the SAECO? I need a die of 0.510.

Thanks,
Forrest

Offline frank405

big bullets
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 11:42:01 AM »
Do you have a new Saeco or an older one? The older ones will take the sme die as a Star. The new ones are Saeco only. You might want to size to 512 rather than 510 by the way. Maybe Saeco will open their own die but I doubt it. There is a fella in Texas that opens Star dies, you might try him, Bob Stillwell. You can access him at www.stillwelldie.com I think. If that isn't correct email me and I will look it up.

Offline FAsmus

Re: big bullets
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 12:50:08 AM »
Frank,

Fr: Do you have a new Saeco or an older one?

Fo: I don't know how old is old.

My machine has been in use for 25 - some years now. It has teh die retained by the nut on the bottom of the die.

I'll look intothe site youhave given me, thanks, good morning,
Forrest

Offline frank405

old and tired
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 04:15:52 AM »
You have the newer model I guess, if there is a nut retaining the die. I have a bunch of size dies that will work quite well in my Stars and they are stamped Saeco.

Offline FAsmus

Re: old and tired
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 05:04:04 AM »
Frank,

FR: You have the newer model I guess, if there is a nut retaining the die. I have a bunch of size dies that will work quite well in my Stars and they are stamped Saeco.

FO:  Yes, I think mine is the "new" model. I know the really old SAECO's have the die retained by a screw on top of the die, not the nut below.

By the way, the site you sent in the previous post didn't work "address unknown" error message.

I know there is a fellow who does this sort of work out there. I did business with him or someone like him years ago when I had need. Ceck your address, I'd like to see if he'll do the job.

Good morning,
Forrest

Offline frank405

sorry
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 12:52:28 PM »
Try  www.sizingdie.com  , that comes right up.