Author Topic: Foreign Influence on Our Judicial System  (Read 772 times)

Offline Major

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Foreign Influence on Our Judicial System
« on: March 26, 2004, 12:31:53 PM »
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline Shorty

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 01:50:24 PM »
Major,
The reason that the Democrats won't approve any of Bushs' judicial nominees is because he keeps nominating judges who WON"T put up with foreign influence!  :eek:  A strick constitutionalist judge (isn't that what they're ALL supposed to be?) offends Democrats!  :roll:

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 01:56:16 PM »
And the Democrats offend me… and the “Founding Fathers” too I bet.   What can we expect from a group that has it’s roots in the KKK.

Offline NYH1

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 04:24:29 PM »
Quote from: Major
And the Democrats offend me… and the “Founding Fathers” too I bet.   What can we expect from a group that has it’s roots in the KKK.

I always though the Dumocrap's were for the "brotherman'z" :money:  :gulp:
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 04:42:11 PM »
What pray tell, do we have a U.S. Constitution for?

Of course, the Liberals, like Algore, like to try to BS decent citizens into the idea that the Constitution is a "living document"...meaning it should be interpreted "according to present standards"! What a load of garbage!!!
  You wouldn't think anyone would fall for such tripe....but some gullible pinheads do!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 10:16:54 AM »
Quote from: New York Hunter

I always though the Dumocrap's were for the "brotherman'z" :money:  :gulp:

Why do you think the Dumocrap's make it so easy to get on and stay on welfare.... it gets the "brotherman'z" votes and keeps them down where the  Dumocrap's think they belong.    They are for the "brotherman'z" just like they are for the "Little guy'z".... control them so they can take their money while lying to them to get their votes.  :evil:

Offline RIFLERANGER

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 10:29:02 PM »
Both the two major political parties suck.  Niether one is by the people or for the people, only for themselves and their agendas.
What this country truly needs and right now is a new party, the Constitutionalist party, that brings the constitution back into America.
Our past dozen or more governments have been abusing the people and their power for too long.
We need less government, less taxation, and more freedom.
Just my .03
Ranger
"HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR RIFLES TODAY ?!"

Offline jrcanoe

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 02:53:26 AM »
RIFLERANGER  Whats wrong with the liberitarian party aren't they the "Constitutionalist party" you seek ?

Offline Mauser

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 04:25:26 AM »
English common law has precedential value in the US as we modeled our courts on those of the British right away.  Our courts have, therefore, cited court cases from England (and other nations who adopted English common law such as Australia) as precedent since the beginning of our court system.  Our property, tort, contract, and criminal laws, both common and statutory, have their origin in court cases from England.  Some of those cases were decided nearly a thousand years ago.

What is disturbing about this is the citation of law from "civil" law countries or laws stemming from the "Code Napoleon" and before.  Those laws have never, to my knowledge, been part of our "stare decisis," except, perhaps, in the state of Louisiana which has a tradition of adopting French civil law.

Offline U.K.Neil

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 09:54:07 AM »
Yeah, and Blair now wants to hand over our Judicial system to the non-elected dumbcraps in Brussles.........................

We should have become another State when Churchill was going on about it.  At least I wouldn't have to have my fingerprints taken next time I enter the U.S.

:twisted:
Keep Smiling.

Offline Mauser

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 10:34:26 AM »
UK Neil:  Churchill wanted the UK to become a state in the US?  If that is true please tell me where I could read about it.  That would be a fascinating topic for me.

Offline U.K.Neil

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 09:52:20 PM »
Hi Mauser

I will do a little digging about to see if I can find any references to this.  I do believe it was towards the end of WWII.
Keep Smiling.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2004, 05:16:26 PM »
Hey Neil;
   I would like some info on that "statehood' thing also...verrry interesting.
  Of course "Winnie" may have had a "heads up " on that one, being that his "Mum" was an American..
   I sure don't envy the REAL Brits...having to deal with the continent.
  Imagine: having the French, Germans or Belgians telling you how to live and what you may or may not do in the U.K.!
  Maybe it's time the REAL Brits stood up qand had a "Tea party"!!...LOL...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2004, 11:17:18 AM »
We have an island state to the west... why not one to the east too.   I would welcome them as long as they left their goofy gun laws behind.  

Offline U.K.Neil

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2004, 12:48:21 PM »
Hi Guys

I have been searching the internet for some reference to this, but cannot find any.  I cannot remember where I read this, it was quite a few years ago but it stuck in my mind as I am somewhat of an Americafile myself having worked over there and vacationed over there for over twenty years.

I guess it was so controversial that it has been buried.

I will keep on looking, but if you Guys find any reference then please post it.
Keep Smiling.