Author Topic: Friend wants a value on a couple handguns  (Read 445 times)

Offline Pdx

• Trade Count: (0)
Friend wants a value on a couple handguns
« on: April 09, 2004, 10:03:57 PM »
First one is a Colt Python with 6” barrel and nickel finish the second is a Coonan Arms .357 Magnum model B this looks and operates like a 1911 it is Stainless with a 5” barrel. Both pieces are pristine. I realize geography and demand have a lot to do with the prices so if someone has a book of gun values if you could just quote from that I would appreciate it. Also is the Coonan a quality piece or what? I have only heard the name a couple times and never shot one.

Thanks a lot.

Offline Norwester

Friend wants a value on a couple handguns
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 10:46:29 PM »
My Standard Catalogue is the 99 edition but this'll give you somewhat of  an idea. $550 Exc for the Python. For the Coonan,$600 exc. Add $130 for Bomar adj sights,add $40 for walnut checkered grips,add $100 for teflon slide,add $100 for teflon frame. Sorry doesn't have any notes on Coonan but judging from the value... Hope that helps.
Jeff

Offline Tusker

Prices--
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 11:18:03 AM »
pdx-- I do believe you will find the prices on the Python somewhat highter than listed. Do not--- depend on the books too much here. Most of the prices are out of date by the time the book hits the street. That Python, given super shape,or unfired, in the box would bring 800.00 just about any day, and on a good day, maybe a bit more. I know of one for sale, unfired in the box for 900.00, and if I wasn't going to a big show the 2nd of May, I would take it home in a minute. I however, do not need much of an excuse to bring home a treasure such as that. :roll:  :roll:  I let one slip through my hands some years ago, and have NEVER-- forgiven myself. So it goes. :-)

TUSKER