Author Topic: Pardner Recoil  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Moonlitin

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Pardner Recoil
« on: April 07, 2004, 06:25:55 PM »
Over the winter, I managed to find 3 nice limited edition Pardners in 410, 20, and 12 gauge.  I bought a 12 gauge for myself, and because I could not decide between a 410 (less recoil, but not a good beginner's gun at the trap range) or a 20 gauge (better at the trap range, but may have too much recoil for a young boy), I just bought them both (only $95 each).  I figure that my son can always use th 410 for squirrels, and even if he does not like the 20 gauge recoil now, eventually he will be able to tolerate it.

I took the 20 gauge to the trap range tonight (have not shot trap in over 20 years) and I was pleasantly surprised.  First, at the amount of recoil...was very tolerable.  And second, that I was able to break more targets than I missed.  I guess it's like riding a bike.

I still think that I'll start my son out with some stationary targets and the 410.  Then some stationary targets and the 20 gauge to see what he thinks about the recoil.  And then if he wants to give the trap range a try, we'll head over there with his Pardner of choice.

Moonlitin

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Pardner Recoil
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 02:10:28 AM »
Moonlitin, That's a nice looking trio of shotguns you have there.  At $95 each with the laminate stocks I'ld say you got a good deal on them too.
What are the choke restrictions on the 20 & 12, full or modified?

Brett
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Pardner Recoil
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 07:16:49 AM »
Yep Moonlitin you scored yourself a good deal on those shotguns...I would have had a hard time passing them up myself.  Good luck...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Moonlitin

• Avid Poster
Chokes
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 10:15:41 AM »
410 bore has a 26 inch full choke barrel
20 gauge has a 26 inch modified choke barrel
12 gauge has a 28 inch modified choke barrel

Offline ScatterGunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Pardner Recoil
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 01:10:16 PM »
those are three nice looking bird guns you have there. had at a great price too.

now you're covered for everything from turkey to bobwhites !

nice trio !

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!