Author Topic: Dave update  (Read 1368 times)

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Dave update
« on: March 24, 2004, 01:03:49 PM »
Steak dinner tonight.  So that mean we are going  catch hell tomorrow.
Hope all goes well for forever they have in mind for us.  

Well I just wanted to say hey to all my buddies back home.  Keep the faith and support the troops.

Live free or die!!!!!!!!
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Dave update
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 01:13:30 PM »
Good to hear from you Dave. Think about guys overthere all the time. In a strange way I wish I was there. I also wish I was in the shape I was in when I was in the Army. Take care and check in when you get a chance. Get things taken care of over by duck season.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Dave update
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 04:39:44 PM »
:D , Great to see another post from you Dave. My wife and I are both praying for you and your safe return. Strangely enough, like Markus, I also have this gnawing feeling wishing I was there with you, but not oddly I am sure if I were there with you I would be waiting to get back here. Hope you get back soon. But for now, get some good sleep tonight, and stay safe tomorrow. Our prayers are with you, and even if this old guy can't be there with you, God is....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
Dave update
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 02:04:18 AM »
As MSP ret said, we are praying for you and we salute you for your bravery. Please keep us informed best you are allowed to. Keep the faith. You guys are doing good work over there and those people are much better off because of your efforts.

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
Dave update
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 04:09:02 AM »
What everyone said above!  You'll be in our prayers, and a couple extra today with whatever you will face.

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Dave update
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 06:39:56 AM »
Stay safe and keep us updated...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Dave update
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 11:21:24 AM »
Anyone heard from Dave? I thought I saw a post from him as "guest" over at "SGW" today. Hope he is well, especially after that steak dinner....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
Dave update
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 12:57:45 PM »
He's posted here (i think) and at SGW since that steak dinner. I'm always looking for his posts too.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
Sorry about the lack of posts
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 12:59:05 PM »
Well it was brought to my attention by lik2hunt that some of the great people here were starting to worry about me.
I'm doing as good as the events of the past few weeks allow me.
I'm not in the Falujah area. I'm north west of mosul. We are working with the Kurdish people. But we are supporting the folks down south.  And if need be we will go down there and help out the Marines.

Hey anyone gotten a turkey yet ?

My older bother is going to use my 10 ga to turkey hunt this spring ......Man if he kills a bird with that gun before I can even shoot it......Well never mind.  I got bigger things to worry about right now.

Hope this finds all the fine people of this forum good.

Remember keep the faith

Dave H.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
Dave update
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 01:28:32 PM »
Good to hear from you Dave. Glad your doin alright. No turkey hunting for me this year due to work. Even though the liberal cretans that run the media and want to run the country tell us not to, most real Americans are keeping the faith and supporting you guys 100%. Take care buddy and get home by duck season.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Dave update
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 02:05:58 PM »
Great to hear from you Dave, all the prayers are still coming at ya, get home safe and there will be a turkey or 2 left in the woods for you....<><.... :grin:

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Dave update
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 03:12:29 PM »
Good to hear from ya Dave. See you found my post at SW.
As far as the turkeys go....My bud got a 22 pounder on Sat. and I found out yesterday that my oldest grandson got a 20 pounder that day too. I haven't got one yet but I am going to or I'm going to blow them stupid crows up that have been answering my calls - one or the other.  :)
Get home safe buddy. We do support and pray for ya.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Xplorer

Dave update
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 04:17:02 AM »
Hey Dave,
Good to hear from you when you have the time to write.  Like the others have said, we are all pulling for your (and everyone elses) speedy and safe return.  Be assured, that despite the mainstream media bias in reporting, most of us here is the US completely support our troops over in the gulf, and know that you are making a difference.

Will report here on this forum on my turkey season, as it starts April 26th in MA, and May 1st in NY.  I will try to keep you entertained with any reports & stories.

Keep safe, and keep the faith.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin Historical Review of Pennsylvania. 1759

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Dave update
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2004, 06:57:36 AM »
Good to hear from ya Dave...Be safe and keep your head down.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
Dave update
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2004, 11:11:20 AM »
Hey Guys and Gals things have slowed down around here a little bit.  Just got back from a patrol.  Its 1 am here and everything is quite.
My bother let me know today that he is going to TN on a guided turkey hunt this weekend WITH MY 10 ga rig !!!!!!!!!     Hey actually I hope he get a big ole Tom WITH MY GUN ....  I'm cool with that.........(NOT)
Man I just wish I was back in the states so I could use MY GUN for turkey hunting.

But I gotta get some sleep.

Hope this finds everyone doing great !!!!!!!

Get the faith.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline 22KHornet

• Avid Poster
Dave update
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2004, 11:17:59 AM »
Good luck on your patrols Dave.  Sure is nice for you to be able to keep in touch with the outside world while you are in the middle of friggin no where.  Keep yor head down, your magizine full and hope you get to come home soon.
I must be crazy.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Dave update
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2004, 11:36:11 AM »
Hey Dave, glad your OK. If you guys need any help we could try to send that anti-american, liberal, french looking, enemy embracing John F(ing) Kerry to you. Perhaps you could stake him out in a clear area and use him for a decoy, of course he might get sunburn, some windburn, or get chafed by the rope and put in for another purple heart!!!....<><.... :wink:

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
Dave update
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2004, 12:18:06 PM »
Hell MSP if you send HIM over here . I think we'd like to stuff him in the breach of a artilitary piece and pop the round to sent his butt to who knowes where.......Let the people back home know we are in this thing to the end.  My brothers in arms have shed blood for this. THIS we will not forget.

Ok i am going to bed now........

Keep the faith !!!!!!!!

Dave H.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Dave update
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2004, 12:57:52 PM »
God Bless Dave, our hearts and prayers are with you and all your brothers (and sisters) in arms....<><.... :D