Author Topic: Fast Service At NEF  (Read 850 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Fast Service At NEF
« on: April 13, 2004, 06:12:59 PM »
Mailed my .35 Whelen to NEF on the 2nd of April, Not firing factory ammo and for trigger job.  Recieved conformation of reciept on the 9th.  Called on the 12th to ask for a second barrel fitting since they had the gun, was told it was shipped out three days ago.  Went to pick up my mail at the Post Office that afternoon, had a package.  .35 Whelen had been repaired and returned, in ten days.  Took the gun to the range today shoots fine, trigger is a lot smoother, and lighter.  I'm happy.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Fast Service At NEF
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 06:56:53 PM »
Good news to hear for sure.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline marv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Fast Service At NEF
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 01:48:26 AM »
Sourdough, That is fast mail service to Ak. In1976 when I was
in ak. took 10 days for a letter to Happy Valley Ak. from Austin Tex.
Marv. :D

Offline josebd

• Contributor
Fast Service At NEF
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 02:25:05 AM »
i mailed mine on a saturday morning in texas and they recieved it on the following monday morning.

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
Fast Service At NEF
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 05:08:41 AM »
I also sent my frame in on the 2nd for a 45-70 barrel.  

I'm glad to hear that you got such prompt service from them.  Hopefully that quick service will translate over to my 45-70.  

Hey, wait just a minute......If they were working on your gun, then that means that mine was waiting in line :evil:
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
Fast Service At NEF
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 05:45:32 AM »
Hope they keep that fast service up because I'm thinking of getting a 45-70 barrel. Want to put some kind of fire sight on the front with the FP peep sight. Have the 450 marlin but want a big bore with open sights.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline mattparliament

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
Fast Service At NEF
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 06:25:29 AM »
This just isn't fair, mailed mine off and they received it on 3/8/04.  No sign of my new barrels yet.  Maybe thats the problem, three new barrels and a trigger job.....  Getting excited though!!! :eek:
Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid.  ~John Wayne

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Fast Service At NEF
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 08:19:34 AM »
Sent my Ultra via UPS on 3-27, it was opening up at the action on every shot, went ahead and requested the trigger job while they had it. I sent it UPS because they had sent a call tag that was UPS. They recieved it on 4-2. On 4-5 I sent a check for a .223 bull barrel to be added also. I sent an email yesterday to check on it's progress and they said that it usually takes 6-8 weeks for new barrel fittings if the barrels are in stock. :cry: . Hope this is not the case and mine comes back as soon as you guys' did. But with the warranty work, who knows. :?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Fast Service At NEF
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 09:06:49 AM »
Lik2hunt, I sent my receiver out 3/18, they received it 3/19. I got it back yesterday, 4/13, by UPS. Had an new .357 barrrel fitted and a trigger job. less than 4 weeks!!! Hope you have the same luck I did....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Fast Service At NEF
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 08:00:38 AM »
Good to hear about the quick service...Once in a while they are speedy.  Maybe there is a slow down there?  :)   Just kidding...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense