Author Topic: Paterson Replica- parts  (Read 838 times)

Offline mec

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Paterson Replica- parts
« on: April 07, 2004, 04:14:01 AM »
There's been on at the local gunshop for several years and the only reason I haven't picked it up is that I cant find parts anywhere.  

I've had bad experience with "back orders".  the vendors will order the parts from Italy but they never show up.

Does anybody know of a reliable source for Patterson parts?
Guns are like the vote. They work best when everybody has one
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline MOGorilla

• Avid Poster
Paterson Replica- parts
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 07:09:20 AM »
I would check with Dixie Gun Works  http://www.dixiegun.com/  They have a ton of stuff and a whole section on parts for repro revolvers.  I regularly order items for my 1860 and 1851 colts from Pietta.    Their catalog is worth the price as a reference material.

Offline mec

• Avid Poster
Paterson Replica- parts
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 07:37:55 AM »
That is interesting.  Does your Pietta catalog have any parts for Le Mats.  Navy Arms absolutely could not get the company to send spares.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Full House

Paterson Replica- parts
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 11:16:28 AM »
Try  www.vtigunparts.com/  they have parts.
Full House

Offline mec

• Avid Poster
Paterson Replica- parts
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 11:47:09 AM »
Thanks! I've definately bookmarked that one.   What I have also done is order a sampling of Patterson parts from Cimmaron Arms in Fredricksburg, Tx

Since they sell the Uberti Patterson, it would seem that keeping spare parts would be the right thing to do. ... We'll see
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Flint

PARTS
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 01:26:39 PM »
Possible future problem with/for Cimarron is that Beretta wants to cut both them and Taylors off as distributors of Uberti guns.  This would be a disaster for the shooters.
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline The Shrink

• A Real Regular
Paterson Replica- parts
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 01:20:06 AM »
If it's a Pietta, go directly to their website and e-mail them.  I had a problem with the loading lever coming loose when firing on my LeMat.  Mr. Pietta and I exchanged e-mails several times and was very helpful in finding parts, even offering to send them from the factory if I couldn't find them in the states.  

I was very pleased with the response and support they gave their product.  

Wayne
Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Offline 1860

• Avid Poster
Paterson Replica- parts
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 02:01:44 AM »
Shrink,

Just curious, what did you finally do to stop the lever from comming loose?

I had a LeMatt a while back and mine did the same thing.  I just tied it down with a pc of leather.  Does yours shoot well?  Mine was OK but not great, I made a new front sight and that helped some.  

I found a civil war reinactor who wanted it more that me and sold it...

Offline MOGorilla

• Avid Poster
Paterson Replica- parts
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 02:17:31 AM »
I have found dealing directly with Pietta very easy as well.  Considering the disatance from the majority of their customers, they do go an extra "mile" to promote customer service.  I have dealt with Navy Arms as well and while I had no complaints, I had better luck with Dixie and Pietta directly.   Who does Beretta want to distribute their guns?  I think that would be shooting themselves in the foot.  I have never owned an Uberti and in the last few years, the Ubertis I have shot, did not perform or look much better than my Piettas.   I think Mr. Pietta ought to be calling Cimarron and Taylors and get an in as soon as they can.   Back to the parts, if you are a new shooter, I would ask questions here of course, but I learned a lot from the people at Dixie, who exhibit true Southern Hospitality and learned much from their catalog, once again, worth the $.

Offline Flint

beretta
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 06:13:36 AM »
Beretta is intending to distribute only through Benelli and Stoeger.  Lok at the Uberti ad in the Chronicle.
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline The Shrink

• A Real Regular
Paterson Replica- parts
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2004, 03:55:19 AM »

I simply reduced charges slightly and don't have the problem as often.  Mr. Pietta agreed that this was a design problem on the pistol.  I don't shoot it for competition, just for fun, to impress others, and it looks good on the wall over my fireplace with a couple other of my C&B's.  That's enough for me.  It will hit what I fire it at, within reason.  

Wayne
Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Offline mec

• Avid Poster
Paterson Replica- parts
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2004, 05:44:54 PM »
Updates:  Been away for a while as I forgot to subscribe to the topic.

LeMat.  Mine would bounce the loading lever out of the spring loop on the side of the barrel. this would fling out the ramrod.  a long spring of grass down in the tube prevented the ramrod from wiggling around which, in turn, prevneted the thing from bouncing out of the spring loop detent.  

Also some shooters report failures to fire on the secondary barrel.  I found that when my hand touched the hammer- as it did in my normal shooting grip, the hammer fall would be slowed enought to prevent reliable firing from the short hammer fall with the cam set for the shot barrel.  Taking a lower grip for the underbarrel fixed that entirely.

Patterson Parts- I took the advise about the VTI Gunparts and they had most of the parts I ordered on hand.  Uberti-Italy also refers requests for parts to VTI.  Parts I ordered from Cimmaron did not ever come and I suspect they simply don't have them.

Navy Arms supplied two 'Essential Parts Kits' for the Colt Army-Navy Models they are packaged from pietta.

By the way. I picked up a Patterson Uberti that has been in a local gunshop for about ten years.  It has a surprisingly light trigger pull and hit s about 4-5 " high at fifty feet.  Did this one=handed :

which is pretty good for me
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Will52100

• A Real Regular
Paterson Replica- parts
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2004, 06:07:57 PM »
very cool, the gun shops around here don't have anything like that!

I've always thought the patterson was the best looking colt ever made.
The thing about freedom, it's never free
www.courtneyknives.com

Offline mec

• Avid Poster
Paterson Replica- parts
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2004, 01:56:12 PM »
I was surprised and gratified to receive parts I ordered for a Colt Patterson- these from Cimmaron Arms.  Also received a supply of spare Navy/army parts from the same source.
Oliver Wendell Holmes