Author Topic: anyone go ducking with there h&r/nef  (Read 792 times)

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
anyone go ducking with there h&r/nef
« on: April 20, 2004, 09:00:38 AM »
i do  8)  8) . does any one else :?  :?
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 11:43:20 AM »
well i kinda do................. i use a remington sp-10 semi for almost all my waterfowl hunting. but i did go out and buy a NEF 12ga Waterfowl gun. i put the camo stocks on my boy's 20ga tracker2 deer gun, an tossed the plain wood with a recoil pad on the waterfowl gun. now its a matte finished 12ga with a 28" mod choked barrel. yes its a plain old pardner with camo stocks, and a matte finished reciever. i should have just bought a wally world special for $80. ok not really, but i paid an extra almost $50 for some camo stocks, and a matte finish. but here is the GOOD part, i took it out twice last year, and she brought home 7 ducks between both trips :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  of course i did not use it on "big water" but it sure did great on the smaller ponds, and the smaller rivers. i kinda cheated and used hevi shot. as i am used to a 10ga, and wanted the extra range out of this one. with the #4 hevi shot in a 3" mag she will drop ducks all day at 40+ yards. i got to say for a back up which is all it was meant to be, its a winner. and i tossed the factory bead, and added a hiviz front sight 8)  8)  8) i would not use it all the time, but for fun, or a back up they are winners!!!!
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 11:51:21 AM »
I've never used it for ducks but I have taken it for canada geese. Both states I hunt MD anDE have a 1 bird limit so a single makes sense. 12ga Topper deluxe , mod choke, no.2 hevi-shot or bb kent fasteel works great.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 01:52:07 PM »
I use mine every now and then for waterfowl.  Mostly for back up or "blue bird days" when shots are limited.

I am like VC and usually shoot my SP-10 or 11-87 for ducks and geese.

Talk about pressure :eek: when a flock comes screaming in the decoys, and all you have is one shot!!

It sure is fun.
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 02:19:17 AM »
:D Can you use steel shot or hevi-shot in an ordinary (new) NEF MOD choke bbl? Or does the waterfowler bbl have a special lining?
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline scruffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 04:52:29 AM »
Offhand, you can use steel and hevi in the fixed mod pardner barrel, there's no speacial lining in the waterfowl version.

Buckslayer, I use use my 28" mod pardner, 3" mag Rem #2 hevishot, for waterfowl.  Only way I can afford to shoot hevishot.  :wink:  If I take our my pumps I blaze through shells, $$$.  With my pardner I'm forced to be much more precise and efficient.

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun