Author Topic: One more time'''  (Read 754 times)

Offline ogo

• Trade Count: (0)
One more time'''
« on: April 19, 2004, 03:55:20 PM »
I know this question has been asked and answered before,but anyway do i need someone with a FFL to send my reciever to NEF for another barrel.Thanx******* ogo

Offline ScatterGunner

• Contributor
One more time'''
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 04:05:09 PM »
ogo -

you do not need an FFL nor do you need to have your receiver shipped to NEF by someone with an FFL for a new barrel. box up the receiver and bring it to the United States Post Office or UPS for shipment. NEF will also ship the gun back to your address.

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
One more time'''
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 05:13:46 PM »
FFL's are required for purchases or ownership transfers only.  repairs or modifications need not got through FFL.  I had a dickens of a time with a lady at the post office (postal worker) one time as she tried to insist I had to send it through a dealer.  She finally looked up the regs and then came back and snottily asked, "is this a repair?"

Anyway I was right and she finally took my rifle.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Deadeye47

One more time'''
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 03:48:48 AM »
Quote from: handirifle
FFL's are required for purchases or ownership transfers only.  repairs or modifications need not got through FFL.  I had a dickens of a time with a lady at the post office (postal worker) one time as she tried to insist I had to send it through a dealer.  She finally looked up the regs and then came back and snottily asked, "is this a repair?"

Anyway I was right and she finally took my rifle.
Don't ya just love having to explain Postal regulations to someone that works for the Postal service?..... :roll:
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
One more time'''
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 04:56:34 AM »
deadeye
The look on this womans face was like she was ready to call the SWAT team.  It only came up cause it was my BC and I insured it for $500 (Had the Lee Shaver sight on it.) and of course she wanted to know what was in it.

In my opinion, it they ask if there is hazardous material in it and I sign a sworn statement saying no, then it's not their business.

She was getting louder too, I figured about half the people there were looking at me before it was over.

Also had another "conversation" in another Post Office with another customer.  I was sending some leaf springs for a jeep to someone I sold them too.  The PO guys asks kind of jokingly if I had an elephants tusk in there.  The way it was wraped it could have been.  We bantered back and forth a bit and this ol' bitty behind me gets on my case that "Ivory is illegal to own, cause elephants are endagered" (never bothered to ask if it was ivory).  Well of course I couldn't pass that one up so I let her know it was NOT against the law to own ivory, just to import it, and they are NOT endangered.  In fact, I told her there are some sections of Africa that allow hunting them, in very limited numbers, because they're over populated.

Of course she didn't like my answer and said so.  I just grinned at her and said good, then turned back around.

Anti's are so well informed.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
One more time'''
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »
Of course she didn't like my answer and said so. I just grinned at her and said good, then turned back around.

Anti's are so well informed.

Yep, and they don't want to be informed.  It especially ticks them off when you hit 'em with the truth :-D
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters