Author Topic: Bausch & Lomb/ Bushnell  (Read 655 times)

Offline GuitarChar

• Trade Count: (0)
Bausch & Lomb/ Bushnell
« on: May 25, 2004, 04:27:36 PM »
Is there I difference between the bausch and Lomb elite 4200 and the Bushnell elite 4200? Are they the same scope? If not, what is the difference?

Thanx

Jeremy

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Bausch & Lomb/ Bushnell
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 01:26:58 AM »
If I am not mistaken and someone can correct me if I am wrong, since this was before I got into the business.  Bausch & Lomb scopes were Elite 4000 were as the Bushnell's are the 4200.  The only difference is the 4200's have the rainguard feature.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline jackfish

• Avid Poster
Bausch & Lomb/ Bushnell
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 04:06:48 AM »
Bausch and Lomb originally marketed the Elite series riflescopes, including the 4200 and 3200.  Bausch and Lomb made a corporate decision in the late 1990s to shift its firearms related optics to Bushnell to isolate the Bausch and Lomb name from what some board members felt was an activity that could hurt their business in other areas such as medical instruments and contact lenses.  This was evident when one tried to find sports optics on the main Bausch and Lomb website, they were non-existent.   You now can't even find binoculars on the Bausch and Lomb website.  They had a separate website for sports optics and then eventually shifted riflescopes and binoculars completely to Bushnell sometime after 2000.
You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.