Author Topic: New Kimber CDP II .45 auto report.  (Read 401 times)

Offline Dusty Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
New Kimber CDP II .45 auto report.
« on: April 24, 2004, 07:34:43 AM »
I took my new Kimber to the range and put about a hundred rounds of 185 gr. LSWCers thru it, not without problems.  However, those reloads were not my best work and I just wanted to get them shot up.  I had a lot of FTFs but the biggest concern I have is the HARD trigger pull on the first round out of the magazine.  I'll know more after I put a few hundred more rounds thru it, something a little better built than the first bunch.  Its a really straight shooter for sure and I'm looking forward to punching some more paper today.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 12:24:52 PM »
FTF - Fail to Feed, or Fail To Fire?   :eek:   If it's got feeding problems, the OAL is probably the culprit, and just needs to be tweaked a little.  Most guns need 200-400 rounds to be fully broken in, but some take a lot less.

Is this a house gun, or just for play?  I'd be checking the way defense loads feed if it might be used for that!  

There are few things as good as getting used to a new friend.  May you learn to function as a single well-oiled machine!   :grin:

PJ
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 09:06:11 PM »
Yeah, I'm going back to the range tomorrow with three different AOLs (1.20, 1.50, & 1.75) to see what works best.  This gun is definitely going to be prepped for serious self-defense, and hopefully will never have to be used for that purpose.  If the 200 gr. jhp bullets feed well then that's what I'll stoke it with for serious business.  If a 125 gr. bullet (.357 mag) at 1250 fps is a great stopper then a 200 gr. bullet at 1050 fps should be more than adequate to the task.  I'll report back tomorrow.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!