Author Topic: Braztech 357s and 44 mags  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Coltrane

• Trade Count: (0)
Braztech 357s and 44 mags
« on: April 05, 2004, 11:07:40 AM »
Maybe I am committing heresy by posting this info here instead of the single shot forum, but here it goes.

Sport South still has blue and stainless Braztech single shots in 357 and 44 mag instock and possibly closed out on pricing due to the fact they have been discontinued by Braztech.  They are not getting any more.

I went ahead and ordered one of each in stainless. Since NEF doesn't have any and no one in Arkansas has any in these calibers( and they are easily $30 CHEAPER than NEF {and stainless to boot}), I couldn't help my self.  

Hopefully, my brother-in-law will buy my Browning Gold shotgun. Then I can buy the 2 Rossis AND the 2 NEFs I ordered also (223 and 45-70).

:shock:  :lol:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 11:11:48 AM »
Coltrane, what are the prices for the .357 and .44 Mag Braztech?  H&R has my receiver adding a .357 barrel to it for $80 and they still have some barrels I think. But I'm thinking of perhaps a Braztech if they are so cheap as a spare gun for my camp, something I could leave there to have whenever and if someone needed a gun....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline marv

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 11:22:37 AM »
Hello Coltrane, Long time no hear from you!  :D  Bout time for you to
show up. How is Miss Mooly doing?? we need a rewport on her!
Hope all is going well. Marv. in S.E. Ok.

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 11:22:55 AM »
Around here the blued ones are going for 158.00 The dealer that ordered mine said her supplier had a few left. I know this is a H&R forum but I really like the way my Rossi handle. It's light and seems to be soild. The best part is, it is a 357 Maximum. :-D

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline Coltrane

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 12:32:46 PM »
Keep in mind this is based on the locked in prices Wal-mart receives from Sports South, your FFL dealer may vary.

Blued guns are $134.96.

Stainless guns are $168.96

This is the 23" full sized rifle only.

I will also receive my 10% employee discount on top of that.

Marv, long time no see, no hear! Molly is doing wonderful. She is 18.5 lbs and is 7.5 months old, now. She is in the 4th week of occupational, developmental, and physical therapies and is making great progress in all three. She has proper fitting foot braces now and they are helping her feet stay straighter.

She is a handful at times, but I can't help but melt like butter on toast everytime she smiles at me (basically I'm all soggy hearted inside all the time!).

Mollie is definately a daddy's girl and I look forward to taking her out shooting, helping me reload, and hunting. Her momma is probably going to have something to say about all of the above, but let her stay at home and mutter/mumble; Mollie and I will just have that much more fun!

Coltrane

Offline vick

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 12:34:31 PM »
I'm really interested in the little Rossi's.  I recently bought a H&R 357 for a truck/throw around gun.  The problem is this thing is just too nice for those purposes.  The little Rossi's definately look like they would fit the knock-around purpose well, without hurting my feelings if I beat it up a little.
I have to admit to taking some ideas from this site:
http://www.milesfortis.com/church/akc02.htm
Looks like a neat little project.
Fear is but a stepping stone on the foot path to Glory.

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 01:17:08 PM »
Check out this vendor, they have great prices including $112.90 for the blued models.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/Store/catalog/default.php/cPath/36_385?osCsid=4064e42d5773f6a91fda88bac5536400
I have a 357 in stainless from them, and i'm happy with the purchase.  The Rossi quality is comperable to the NEF Handi, and the receiver/action is slimmer and better proportioned to the 357 than a Handi IMHO and lighter weight by 1.5 pounds.  It also comes with sling swivels, and accepts TC scope base if you choose to go that route.  The only thing I didn't like initailly was the sight arrangement, the rear is adjustable for windage, and the front handles elevation, a tad weird but i'll adjust to it.  :grin:
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline Deadeye47

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 03:05:02 PM »
"cheap as a spare gun for MY CAMP, something I could leave there to have whenever and if SOMEONE needed a gun....<><.... "

So you have a camp....Hummmmmm thats good to know... :roll:  You wouldn't even have to leave a gun for me...I have a "couple" I could use... :mrgreen:
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 03:23:40 PM »
Yes Deadeye, a bit of a hunting camp in Bradford, Maine, got lucky a few years ago and bought 128 acres.  Pretty good deer in the area, some 200+ pounders taken in that area every year but not near the numbers in the central part of the country, we sometimes will go a week or so without even seeing one, but then other days you can see 3 or 4 in a day. I'll be getting in touch with you about the .30 caliber bullets and as long as you don't smoke, vote the right side of your patriotic beliefs and don't mind a rough camp and perhaps a drink of wine or so in the evening by the fire, the door is open to you....<><....:grin:  (you know I personally think the Rossi/Brastech's are junk, but if I could pick up a .357 for the $112.95 Buds has them listed for it might make a great "camp" gun.)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 04:05:40 PM »
MSP,
Well great now Deadeye is gonna be showing up in my dreams too. Here I've had that beautiful camp all to my self up till now. 300 pound - 14 point bucks and some guy named Deadeye  :wink: . Doesn't sound like the same recurring great dream I've been having but I'll let ya know how it turns out in the morning. Oh yea, since he is bringing his own guns, I'll let ya know how that Rossi shoots too.
Aaaaawwww it's getting to be about bed time ain't it.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :D
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Deadeye47

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 04:36:21 PM »
No,No,No lik2hunt..thats my dream your in ..not yours...I got the 300 pounder with the rack that looks like a Yopon bush in my sights not you.... ..sounds like ya got quite a place there..do ya feel a little crowded on that 128 acres??? LOL  I think I might be a shoe in on the deal..quit smoking 5 years ago....I don't care much for wine but if ya got a cold brewsky I'd take one....(I also have quite a few bottles of 10 year old homemade mead that I made from clover honey and wild rasberrys from my back fence that just may be ready to savor one of these years..ha I tried one about 4 years ago and it was unbelievable. ..the older it gets the better....: ) and yes I'm right handed but not real right! ha Thanks for the offer...who knows.....also thats a deal on that lil rifle! Perfect for a cabin gun!! Wrap it in a oil sock and hang it on a couple nails inside a closet up high and out of sight...perfect....see I can help ya spend your money!  :mrgreen:
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 05:24:41 PM »
OK Guys, drive out together, and in your dreams picture this, no indoor shower, heat the water on the wood stove, pour it into a 5 gallon camping shower (a plastic bladder with a nozzle) carry it outside, 10-15 degrees or so, hang it on a nail out behind the woodshed and shower up, rinse off and back into the camp and in front of the wood stove, boy oh boy, those 3 minute boot camp showers sure come back to you in a hurry!!! And you know it ain't the temperature, it's the wind, why before I moved the shower out behind the woodshed and had it in front of the camp in the wind and snow, the side of you you were washing or rinsing with hot water was fine, but the other side (backside?) was a bit cool what with that wind driven snow and sleet pelting you. Boy there is nothing like a great relaxing time away at camp, and by the way Deadeye, as opposed as I am to hard Liquor  -   ( :-D ) That home made meade might help take the chill off after a shower!!!....<><.... :grin: (you don't want to know about the home made "portable potty" in the wood shed, yes that "facility" is outside also, but we do keep the toilet seat in the camp near the wood stove during the cold months, like I said we have all the comforts!!!)

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2004, 08:26:09 PM »
Quote from: MSP Ret
OK Guys, drive out together, and in your dreams picture this, no indoor shower, heat the water on the wood stove, pour it into a 5 gallon camping shower (a plastic bladder with a nozzle) carry it outside, 10-15 degrees or so, hang it on a nail out behind the woodshed and shower up, rinse off and back into the camp and in front of the wood stove, boy oh boy, those 3 minute boot camp showers sure come back to you in a hurry!!! And you know it ain't the temperature, it's the wind, why before I moved the shower out behind the woodshed and had it in front of the camp in the wind and snow, the side of you you were washing or rinsing with hot water was fine, but the other side (backside?) was a bit cool what with that wind driven snow and sleet pelting you. Boy there is nothing like a great relaxing time away at camp, and by the way Deadeye, as opposed as I am to hard Liquor  -   ( :-D ) That home made meade might help take the chill off after a shower!!!....<><.... :grin: (you don't want to know about the home made "portable potty" in the wood shed, yes that "facility" is outside also, but we do keep the toilet seat in the camp near the wood stove during the cold months, like I said we have all the comforts!!!)

Hey MRT Ret, my Dad's a NewEnglander grew up in Worchester, attended the UofNH then ran off the fight a war back in '41.  His roots go back to the Pilgrims at Plymouth Rock, no kidding.   :eek:  Still have alot of family in NH, and Mass. (hint hint hint nudge nudge nudge) wanna trade a hunt, or fishing trip in Hawaii for a hunt in Maine???  :D  Non-Smoker social beer drinker man. :-D
Didja notice at BUD"S the price of the stainless 44 mag at $139.78?  Now that would make a decent kick-around camp gun, or behind the truck seat gun.  The stainless guns are pretty decent with bead blasted non glare finish, and the trigger pull on mine is surprisingly REALLY decent.

Offline Deadeye47

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2004, 05:44:26 AM »
Well lik2hunt...looks like we been shot out of the saddle in our dream by a homeboy named ganjiro from back east!  :(  I know I can't compete with an offer of a fishin trip in hawaii and etc....so....back to bummin huntin trips on other buddys leases... :cry:  Guess I had better comment on the Rossi guns as we pretty well hijacked Coltranes thread here.. I have a model 92 Winchester copy in 357 that that I like to shoot!!  :-D  Also the lil break open guns look fretty sturdy for the price.... :toast:  P.S. MSP Ret your place sounds pretty nice compared to some I've hunted out of.....I've had mice get in bed with me before just to stay warm after the stove dies out... :shock: !!! LOL That will wake ya up in the middle of the night real quick!!

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2004, 06:03:06 AM »
Woman mouse or male mouse? :oops:  That stuff ain't allowed at camp...And don't worry, no one is shot out of the saddle, I will probably never make it to Hawaii to fish or hunt but there is always room for one more good guy at camp....<><.... :grin:

Offline ScatterGunner

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2004, 06:04:21 AM »
is NEF/H&R manufacturing and labeling guns for Rossi/Braztech ? this is most likely a dumb question, but i had to ask.
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2004, 12:37:32 PM »
Quote from: ScatterGunner
is NEF/H&R manufacturing and labeling guns for Rossi/Braztech ? this is most likely a dumb question, but i had to ask.

Rossis are made in Brazil, and of a slightly different design, smaller frame, with a hammerblock safety as well as transfer bar.  The lines are slightly different mainly in stock style.  It's about 1.5 lbs. lighter than a NEF/H&R.

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2004, 12:44:39 PM »
Quote from: Deadeye47
Well lik2hunt...looks like we been shot out of the saddle in our dream by a homeboy named ganjiro from back east!  :(  I know I can't compete with an offer of a fishin trip in hawaii and etc....so....back to bummin huntin trips on other buddys leases... :cry:  Guess I had better comment on the Rossi guns as we pretty well hijacked Coltranes thread here.. I have a model 92 Winchester copy in 357 that that I like to shoot!!  :-D  Also the lil break open guns look fretty sturdy for the price.... :toast:  P.S. MSP Ret your place sounds pretty nice compared to some I've hunted out of.....I've had mice get in bed with me before just to stay warm after the stove dies out... :shock: !!! LOL That will wake ya up in the middle of the night real quick!!

Deadeye you have the advantage in distance, airfare always kills me.  Blue collar man I am, it'd take me a couple years to save up just for that.  I remember our hunting cabin in Central Idaho had pack rats that would steal anything we brought in that wasn't nailed down, and small enough for them to carry off.

Offline Deadeye47

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2004, 02:48:43 PM »
I know blue collar also! I just never knew blue collar in Hawaii !!  :lol:  Idaho sounds like a nice place to hunt also... :roll:  Pack rats...no experience with them though! Do they really haul off that much stuff?

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline Paul5388

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2004, 05:07:02 PM »
Has anyone checked the Rossi chamber to see if it will take the .360 DW?

Offline Coltrane

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2004, 06:34:47 PM »
Thanks to Ganjiro, I now know the TC scope base is what I need to use for mounting a scope. Do any of you know if replacement sights or a receiver sight is available for these rifles?

I would prefer to use a receiver sight, but anything else besides the factory issue rear sight would be nice. Something about it just doesn't trip my trigger.
 :roll:

Offline Deadeye47

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2004, 05:52:41 AM »
There are some Williams peep sights that fit the NEF but I don't know what the Part numbers are...Lets see if someone else can shed some light on that.... Seems like I read something a while back in the forums about that...

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2004, 06:54:26 AM »
Williams has a new FP receiver sight for H&R's. it is FR-H&R and it fits Buff Classics and Handi Rifles. It is on Page 11 of their catalog, Code #70373, cost $69.95 from Williams.  They also have the WGRS series for H&R's, 158's and Topper single shots. It has 1" hole spacing. They suggest you use a .570W front sight on the Buff Classic. That sight is on page 13 of their catalog.  Code #17778 for $34.95. What I am trying on my short barreled woods rifle project in .280 Remington is their WGOS Series for one inch barrels, it is shown on catalog page 16 and is code #17824 and I have a "U" blade in it now. I am contemplating trying a Ghost (appx $5-6)ring for it. I am using a front blade from H&R for a .22 Hornet and the height seems correct so far but still have final drilling, threading and mounting to go. If I do use the ghost ring I may have been better off with a Williams ramp front sight with a bead but the price was right for the H&R .22 Hornet front sight and I knew it fit the barrel diameter. Hope this helps....<><.... :grin:

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2004, 09:11:03 PM »
Quote from: Coltrane
Thanks to Ganjiro, I now know the TC scope base is what I need to use for mounting a scope. Do any of you know if replacement sights or a receiver sight is available for these rifles?

I would prefer to use a receiver sight, but anything else besides the factory issue rear sight would be nice. Something about it just doesn't trip my trigger.

I just bought a new rear sight from a TC Contender carbine on ebay for $5.00, took a  gamble that it would fit but I believe it matches the holes in the barrel same as the scope base, i'll let you know how it works out.  The TC sights are pretty common on ebay at very decent prices.

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2004, 09:18:01 PM »
Quote from: Deadeye47
I know blue collar also! I just never knew blue collar in Hawaii !!  :lol:  Idaho sounds like a nice place to hunt also... :roll:  Pack rats...no experience with them though! Do they really haul off that much stuff?

On this trip to the cabin hunting season was over by 2 weeks but we needed to get away from work so did a 10 mile hike towards the Snake River east of Riggins, Idaho.  Counted 97 Elk on the hike in, and got to be within 30 yards of 3 beautiful Bulls, of course they somehow knew the season was over.   :-)   In all my time in Idaho only saw one deer, but saw 3 cougars real up close and personal while preseason scouting for elk.  Was surprised at the amount of moose sightings too.  The packrats have a well earned reputation.  Some historians/archeologists will go to these old cabins, and pull up the floor board just to look for artifacts like bullets, watches etc.   The cabin I stayed in was built in 1921, and still had all the original glass, well preserved.

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2004, 02:22:32 AM »
I seen a rear peep sight for TC contenders in Fox Ridge Outfitters some time back. It should fit the Rossi for sure.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline optimanark

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2004, 07:28:56 PM »
They call'im Don Juan de Bubba, the legendary luv.......

Uh, did I say that out loud?!? Wah time is it? Ooops!

T/C base eh? So how's about a Williams WGRS-T/C, or FP-T/C?

Thanks man, now I gots the bug for a new toy!!!

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2004, 11:08:25 PM »
Quote from: Ganjiro
Quote from: Coltrane

I just bought a new rear sight from a TC Contender carbine on ebay for $5.00, took a  gamble that it would fit but I believe it matches the holes in the barrel same as the scope base, i'll let you know how it works out.  The TC sights are pretty common on ebay at very decent prices.

Okay I have verified that most sights listed for the T/C Contender will fit the Rossi rifle.  The T/C Carbine sight fit perfectly, and is a 100% improvement over the factory Rossi sight.  The Williams WGRS will fit no probs since it sits on top of the barrel where as I'm not 100% sure the FP will clear the receiver.  You may need a higher front sight using the WGRS since it sits pretty high.   Just ordered a Rossi in 44 mag stainless steel since they had dropped to $116.97.  Gonna mount a red dot on this one.

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2004, 11:44:14 AM »
I am contemplating trying a Ghost (appx $5-6)ring for it.

The Williams Ghost Ring is just the aperture holder which hasn't been tapped.  Get the aperture holder and you can use an aperture for tight shooting, sighting in etc, then just remove it and use the holder for the ghost ring in hunting situations.  

That is how the term originated anyway back in the 1960s.  Folks took out the aperture from a peep sight for hunting and were left with a "ghost" of a ring to look through.

-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2004, 11:22:11 AM »
Thanks Winterhawk!!, I have removed the apurtures of receiver sights in the past and used them that way but was not sure if that part would fit the Williams base I have now, great thought, I'll inquire when I order it, I would prefer to have the availibility of adding and using a smaller apurture when needed....<><.... :grin: