Author Topic: Proposed Forum Names: What We Have So Far.....  (Read 559 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
Proposed Forum Names: What We Have So Far.....
« on: August 14, 2004, 06:49:48 PM »
Here's a rundown of what we have so far from "almost" everyone's input.  Once people have had enough time to suggest names, I'll make a POLL and we can all vote on them.  We can submit the results to Graybeard and see what happens. Whaddya think? *smiles*

Whine and Geez at the Marlin Crackerbarrel
Anything but Marlins or guns, talk forum
THE SEINFELD FORUM (for the record we're NOT gonna use this one. GB)
Last Chance Cafe
The Marlin Mis-Fits
Round the 'ol Pot-Bellied Stove
The Babbling Idiots
Hate and Discontent in Marlin-ville
Shooters Lounge #2 (or the #2 here. GB Without the #2 is OK)
The Back Porch
Rednecks Roundtable
The Barber Shop
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Bikenut

• Avid Poster
Proposed Forum Names: What We Have So Far.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 06:59:57 PM »
Ok fellers..... I'll probably be hooted right on out of here for this... but here comes my 29 cents (inflation ya know?)

The old MarlinTalk forum was a special place filled with very special people, many of whom migrated to a new home with Greybeard. We were welcomed with open arms and have settled in nicely. I like this forum.

However, as much as I miss the rough and tumble of the old MarlinTalk... it is gone. Mourned, but still gone. I suggest we let it rest in peace............

Therefore I suggest calling this part of Greybeard's, our new home, simply Misc. Marlin Talk. And let it go at that.
The longer I live, the older I get.
Neither has anything to do with wisdom.

Offline BamBams

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 07:06:35 PM »
No hooting from me.  I can fully appreciate, and relate, to what you are saying.  The problem that we are trying to address, is that ever since this forum got opened, there really hasn't been any discussion of Marlins on it.  A few people have commented that this is misleading in that they come here expecting something Marlin related, yet the content turns out to be nothing Marlin related.

While I've been known to be sentemental myself, I'm still convinced that a name which indicates what is REALLY discussed here would be more beneficial. It's really up to all the regulars though.

I'll go ahead and make sure that "Misc Marlin Talk" gets added to the poll we will create in case others feel the same as you do.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 08:25:41 PM »
BamBams, I really don't have a preference for a new name I just want all of us to try to lighten up, let old dogs lie, and start with a clean slate. There is nothing wrong with spirited discussion as that is what makes each one of us individuals. Greybeard was nice enough to let us have a place where we could congregate and hopefully not lose the "old gang". Mr. Greybeard treets everyone fairly but we are going to have to respect his wishes and when he speaks you had better listen. He doesn't ask for much and we are all old enough to act like adults. The spirited discussions do not have to end up in a whizzing contest if we all exercise some restraint and common sense. We are all adults so let's show Greybeard we can act like it. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline RIFLERANGER

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 07:09:39 AM »
How about "The Politics, Religion, and Name Calling Forum" ???
Ranger
"HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR RIFLES TODAY ?!"

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 05:37:47 PM »
My wife came up with this The Society of 1st Amendment Misfits.
She acts like she knows us  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 12:39:56 AM »
How about:

God, guns and guts...

Crackerbarrel crunch..

From gunbarrel to crackerbarrel..

chat at the checkerboard..

Really, most all are good suggestions that I have seen. I don't care for the Seinfeld title though, any more than I would like a forum named after Larry King or Julia child.
   I just don't see where a TV personality fits in ...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)