Author Topic: STOEGERS - Never Mind  (Read 958 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
STOEGERS - Never Mind
« on: May 14, 2004, 04:27:16 AM »
Never mind.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline scruffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
STOEGERS - Never Mind
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 04:46:15 AM »
Man, that looks alot like a rossi.  Does the wood forend ride against the reciever?  Based on the picture I don't see a hinge pin sticking through the reciever, is there one or is it cut into the reciever?  

I know the rossi's are lighter than the already light NEF's, which isn't good for the recoil of a 12 gauge.  And I'd image a 5lb 20 gauge would probably recoil like a 6.5 or 7lb 12 gauge, but I don't have an equation to support that opinion (hopefully someone else does because I'd really like to know if my opinion is right).

Hmmmm, nice looking lines though.  I'd like to see their 28" screw in choke SxS.

I'd do some looking around on the net for a stoeger forum, there have to be some.

Edit: lop is 14.5", weight is 5.4lbs.

This is interesting:

Interesting latch lever, moving the trigger gaurd up.  I think I'd be opening the barrel whenever I bumped the trigger guard, I don't like that.  Notice, no hinge pin, the wood forend is right against the steel reciever, I don't like that either.  Hmmm, I'd like to see one up close, but I don't have my hopes very high.

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
STOEGERS - Never Mind
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 02:00:52 AM »
Never Mind.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
STOEGERS - Never Mind
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 03:09:51 AM »
I got to say NOT ME, Not even a chance of one of those in my "closet". they are another wannabe H&R/NEF, other companys are finding out just how many people love these easy to use, great shooting GUNS, and they are trying to get a piece of the pie. now have i ever even held one??? NO!!! and i dont really want to, the new Topper Deluxe Classic is going to run me $169, and its a good old NEF with all the things i always wanted them to add. so i really can't see why someone would want something like that??
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
STOEGERS - Never Mind
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 04:38:58 AM »
I most strongly concur with VC on this. I handled one and wasn't impressed. Looking at it on their website and reading the description had me anticipating a much more impressive gun. The latch on the one I handled was very tight and rough feeling.The thing looked and fealt cheap. The new deluxe classic has the same feature for not that much more and a proven successful design.

Lik2hunt- that guy ovr at SW wasn't stoger was it? The guy that started the thread "NEF Sucks"
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Rogmatt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
STOEGERS - Never Mind
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 02:03:07 AM »
Yes it was Stoeger who started that thread. I chastised him for it. I don't think you'll see that again. Just a young kid who doesn't know much, a pretty good kid otherwise. Good defender of conservative issues against the resident liberals over there.