Author Topic: Wildlife in L.A.  (Read 574 times)

Offline zrifleman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Wildlife in L.A.
« on: May 08, 2004, 09:13:58 PM »
Two days ago I saw another coyote walking down the sidewalk.  They are a regular sighting here in the city. Mountain lions regularly scare the bejesus out of hikers and bike riders here in the parks. Last week a very large cinnamon  colored black bear had the be darted after it decided to take a swim in someones backyard pool. One local cemetary boasts a large herd of blacktail deer that can be observed almost any day. Some of the bucks sport impressive racks. It must be from the steady diet of fresh flowers. During the summer flocks of hundreds of parakeets can be seen and heard. Three days ago I observed a flock of wild parrots going to their roost in the evening. And of course, rattlesnakes get their fair share every year. Ahh-life in L.a..

Offline Milo

Wildlife in L.A.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 02:39:33 PM »
zrifleman where are you at in L.A.  I live in Hollywood and hike in the hills around Beachwood canyon.  Lots of coyotes during the early evening hours.  Also jog around lake hollywood, see lots of deer right on the road around the lake.  They aren't intimidated by people at all.  I'm looking for an outdoor shooting range around L.A. to sight in my rifle, any info would be great.  Eric

Offline CEJ1895

• Avid Poster
Wildlife in L.A.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 02:42:38 AM »
zrifleman - Just heard about a doe walking across the Golden Gate bridge this morning... What's the toll charge on deer anyway?  :-D  :-D CEJ...
If I can't take my rifles with me, I don't want to go!