Author Topic: Nikon Buckmasters scopes  (Read 413 times)

Offline jd45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Nikon Buckmasters scopes
« on: May 22, 2004, 11:04:23 AM »
Hello to all.........I'd appreciate hearing from you folks out there who're using one of these. I'm getting a new one for my deer rifle & having looked thru a Nikon on a friend's Remington Sendero, I was very impressed with its brightness & clarity, even compared to my own Leu opold Vari-X III, tho his was a more expensive model of Nikon scope. Right now my budget  is such that the Buckmaster line is more in range. Thanx for the feedback. jd45.

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Nikon Buckmasters scopes
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 03:14:39 PM »
Before there were Nikon Monarchs, the scopes were just called Nikon.  These were great scopes and comparable to the Vari-X III.  In fact, they used to be the same price (back in 1989 or 1990, the 3.5x-10x-50mm Nikon and Vari-X III were $399.)  Both of these scopes, the Vari-X III and the Nikon, had light transmission of about 88% per lens.

Later on, Nikon came out with the Monarch, which has 95% light transmission.  So, what about the "new" Nikon Buckmaster?  Well, actually it is the same scope it was back in 1989 or 90 or so (let's just call it "Pre-Monarch"), except they just called it their Buckmaster line.  It still has 88% light trasmission, but the price dropped dramatically.  Also, Nikon didn't make the same magnifications in the Buckmasters, but the glass is essentially the same it was pre-monarch.

As such, rest assured that the buckmasters are exellent scopes for the money, and comparable to the Elite 3200s.

Zachary