Author Topic: CWD  (Read 761 times)

Offline prusch

• Trade Count: (0)
CWD
« on: January 18, 2003, 01:09:24 PM »
Well maybe this isn't the place to discuss this but I'll be the one to bring it up. I live in Wisconsin and as some of you may have read it's come up here. I see there are people from the western states so your probably more familiar with it than I am. What is the general feeling on this problem? I've hunted deer for over 35 years and I've enjoyed venison steaks-roasts-chili- loins- sausage and anything else you can make from it. I plan on continuing eating it. (Maybe we need a recipie section?)I've seen no ill results ( my wife may say different based on my condition when I get home after a week hunting) and to be honest I've done more damage to my body celebrating the night I got a deer than from eating one. (Am I alone?)
In certain areas of the state the hunt continues. They even went back to allowing baiting in these areas. A debatable idea in it self but that may come some other time.
So what's everybodies opinion or comments?
NRA Endowment Member
Favorite Comment to wife-
" No I've always had that it's not new"

Offline volshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
CWD
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 11:43:33 PM »
My home state of TN is just starting to test as of last year. So far no cases. TN is very agressive on any wildlife disease threat. Our deer heards are growing so fast and elk have been reintroduced to our state that anything is possible. It will not have any effect on my enjoyment of meat. :D
Rick