Author Topic: The reason for the BIG delay...Ultra on it's way home now!!  (Read 748 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
As I have previously posted, I purchased an Ultra Hunter 25-06 on March 10. I finally got it to the range a couple weeks later and the action opened on every single shot. After cleaning...no change. Called H&R and they sent a UPS call tag and I sent it back and they received it on April 2. On April 7 I sent out a check for a .223 Bull and an extra scope rail (for the Huntsman). Well I waited a good while and after a few calls during the past couple weeks I have found out that the check never arrived and that is why my gun has never gone "to the bench" yet. Because they do all the work at once. So....today we stopped payment on the first check and tomorrow I will send out the second one priority mail. Looking forward to the return of my piece with great anticipation. Good thing I didn't start this process in September, huh?  :lol:
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Deadeye47

• Trade Count: (0)
The reason for the BIG delay...Ultra on it'
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 04:45:08 PM »
like2hunt your like me....sometimes if I didn't have any bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all! It's like waiting for the pot to start boiling and then discover after an hour that the heat wasn't on...Good luck and happy waiting! Frustratin ain't it! :D
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 04:58:30 PM »
Sorry to hear about the delay in getting your gun back. It seems like my luck runs about like yours. Anymore my attitude is "if something bad is going to happen it will happen to me." I guess I have a crappy attitude but that's the way it seems to work for me. Oh well, things gotta get better huh. Hope you get your gun and barrel back without too much delay. :D  :-D  :)  :-D  :)
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 01:51:17 PM »
I know everyone is pretty caught up in the postal match right now but I just wanted to post this for those of you who have been following my "Ultra adventure" :grin: Sent the second check priority mail on May 12 and called the following Monday...check received. Friday which was May 21 CS called and said that my gun was finished and would be shipped that day. I don't know about total turnaround time due to all the delays that were not H&R's fault, but that's a pretty quick fix after the check was received if ya ask me. Guess I need to make a trip to the gun shop now for bullets, powder, and primers. Thanks to my good friend MSP Ret, I will now be a part of the handloading crowd, but a REAL novice though.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Deadeye47

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 05:24:07 PM »
Glad your back in the saddle again! So...your handloading...just what ya need another addicting little hobby! Have fun!  :)
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 04:25:44 AM »
lik2hunt,
  Congrats on your decission to roll your own! I think it adds a lot to your shooting enjoyment, and is very rewarding, most of the time.
Don

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 10:22:21 AM »
That's one reason that I love to say "Just hit my Discover Card" or whatever card you have...No need to wait for the check to arrive in the mail.  I never carry a balance so I don't pay finance charges.  I just make sure I have enough money on hand to cover any charges that I make.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline marv

• A Real Regular
On the way home
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 11:23:53 AM »
Lik 2hunt Glad to hear it is on way home :-D  :-D  :-D
You said some thing about a gun shop that you need to goto
pickup reloading supplies, Where and what  do you get reloading stuff??
Is it in Durant?  Marv