Author Topic: SQUIRRELS  (Read 634 times)

Offline IlliniTrapper15

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
SQUIRRELS
« on: May 27, 2004, 04:22:50 AM »
lol never seen anything like this before  :-D  :-D my grandma has these 2 clothes lines made of some kind of coated string that she hangs bell feeders on so the squirrels cant get um now the squirrel have chewed through 3!! clotheslines to knock down the bird seed bells LOL  :)  :) just thought it was weird and i would share it
Season Starts November 5th!!!

Offline Shorty

SQUIRRELS
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 03:42:28 PM »
I have a similar rig, but my squirrels haven't figured out that trick.  I hope they're not looking in on this. :lol:

Offline 1911crazy

SQUIRRELS
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 12:56:45 AM »
Animals  are not dumb at all.   While sitting in a deer stand the chipmunk stood up and stared like it just froze then I seen why a bear was comming.   Me and my older brother would carry 5th avenue candy bars with us in the woods while we walked hunting and we would feed every chipmunk we saw a small piece of the 5th avenue candy bar.  After a few days of walking down the trails it was like they were waiting for us to feed them.  Another funny story is there were 3 of us in an orchard bear hunting it was very quiet for about 30 minutes then the chipmunks were bouncing off the trees and all going crazy running all over the place it just came to life from being so quiet I knew right away my older brother was feeding them and as we walked out my other buddie asked me what was up with the chipmunks I told him my brother was feeding them pieces 5th avenue candy bars.  He got mad and said we'll never get a bear doing that.  The following year we got a bear and my buddie wasn't with us and when the rug was done we stuffed the mouth with 5th avenue wrappers and showed it to my buddie and we all had a good laugh.  So the moral to my story is if you want to make friends with animals 5th avenues is the key!!!!   They also like Captain Crunch peanut butter too!!  BigBill

Offline Maine_Hound_Hunter

• Avid Poster
SQUIRRELS
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 01:25:58 AM »
Wish I could do this, but I've had problems with squirrels before, so any that come into the yard get shot most of the time. That, or the cats/crows get them.
Down with Maine Citizens for Fair Bear hunting!
----It will kill Maine's hunting economy....Is this really what we need?
----Plus, all you other Northeasterners, if it goes through here.......your more then likely NEXT