Author Topic: Colt Anaconda-Opinions?  (Read 620 times)

Offline Totin'a10

• Trade Count: (0)
Colt Anaconda-Opinions?
« on: June 21, 2004, 09:57:40 AM »
My collection of .44s is growing as we "speak".  I'm looking seriously at a 4" Anaconda.  This gun will be put to use, not a "safe queen"!  I realize its not a RSRH but experienced feedback would be great. Anybody tested its durability, etc? Accuracy? Thanks, be safe. 8)
What goes around comes around!!! 8)

Offline Dusty Miller

Colt Anaconda-Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 10:59:33 AM »
I love mine.  Its very accurate but I'm having the cylinder bores sized just the same to try and squeeze out just a bit more.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline KN

Colt Anaconda-Opinions?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 01:58:54 PM »
Excellent pistol. The best factory trigger I ever got ahold of. Smooth as glass. My favorite of the 5, 44mags I have.  KN

Offline Iowegan

• A Real Regular
Colt Anaconda-Opinions?
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 04:28:45 PM »
Mine is a 6". Very nice function. Accurate, strong, easy to scope, nice feel and balance. The only negative thing is the cost. Mine was $525 back in 1995. Now they're pushing $1000.
GLB

Offline Flint

anaconda
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 09:02:21 PM »
I noticed, shooting both, as a friend had one, that the Colt is more comfortable in Magnum recoil than the S&W 29.  Also seemed to be a bit more accurate than the Model 29, but so is my 120 year old Smith Russian....
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline Questor

Colt Anaconda-Opinions?
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 07:25:56 AM »
I think they're better in most ways than the S&Ws.
Safety first

Offline tony212

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Colt Anaconda-Opinions?
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 10:19:50 AM »
I have a 4" Anaconda and love it. It is very acurate and the trigger and cylinder rotation are very smooth.  I have been carrying it for 9 years now.
Tont212

Offline Old Griz

Colt Anaconda-Opinions?
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 06:36:30 PM »
:cb2: I love my Ruger Bisleys, and I shoot them more than anything else, but, the gun I have that I would hold on to as a do-everything gun is my 4" Anaconda. It shoots great (Hogue rubber grips), trigger is smooth, accurate, and I've carried it on my hip, in fanny packs, a shoulder rig, and I plan to get a cross-draw holster for it. Now it's a big sucker for concealed carry, and I don't do it often, but it can be done.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Dusty Miller

Colt Anaconda-Opinions?
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2004, 08:56:54 PM »
I went to the range with mine yesterday and it'd been a LONG time since I'd fired it and it really feels good to get to know my old buddy again!  I put 19 grains of H110 under a 336 grain cast bullet and that's enough to take anything I'll ever hunt.  Soon I'll be ordering a a 240 gr. bullet mold from LBT for target shooting and try to save wear and tear on the gun and my old hands.  Its my kind of gun.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline coltfan

• Avid Poster
Colt Anaconda-Opinions?
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 04:17:01 PM »
I can't say enough good things about my 6" Anaconda. Nice trigger, good accuracy (even with me at the controls) great balance. Now I'm in the market for a 4" .44 mag for carry when I'm out scouting and just kickin around the woods. Unfortunately I might have to go with a S&W mountain gun or possibly a Taurus tracker just because of the cost. But if I had the extra money I'd be all over a 4" Anaconda. My 6" seems to holding up pretty well to my hunting load of 24 grains of H110 under a 240 gr XTP.