Author Topic: CHEAP New Red Dot Found  (Read 879 times)

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
CHEAP New Red Dot Found
« on: May 25, 2004, 01:26:18 AM »
well i needed a red dot for a drilled and tapped 20ga model 99 i picked up, well i found one called a NC STAR red dot, and it had a nice nickel finish that matched the gun perfect. i had never heard of an NC STAR Before, but for the Money i did have some doubts. well let me tell you all something, This is one GREAT Cheaper red dot, it takes standard 1" rings. and the GLASS IS GREAT ON IT. i paid less then a cheap cabelas would cost, matter a fact about what a cheap old wally world red dot would have been, and this is a great red dot, so any one looking for a cheap, but great red dot, try a NC STAR, i will bet you wont be sorry you did. and i know there are some people out there that cant buy big money red dots, so if you want a cheap good one, try the NC STAR :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
CHEAP New Red Dot Found
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 01:45:24 AM »
VC - I know you probably got yours at L.L. Bean but where else could a fella find one of these at?  :D
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
CHEAP New Red Dot Found
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 01:53:58 AM »
LIK2HUNT<------- LLbean is over $200 for the cheap red dots, i got it of all places EBAY. go check your mail, i will try to get you a pic.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
CHEAP New Red Dot Found
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 03:22:09 PM »
They sell those red star red dots at SWFA. I picked up a 30mm Simmons Red Dot through Midway on sale for $28.95 which has worked out great....I also just got a 1" Millett Red Dot for less than half of retail through e-bay....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
CHEAP New Red Dot Found
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 10:06:10 AM »
Hey I'm back!!  :D  Been reformatting and reloading this #$@&*$$ machine again since Wednesday. I think I mighta got it right now :grin: . VC I lost your email with the pic in the process, could ya resend it? MSP Ret, Thanks for the locale info of that red dot. Maybe later I can get one for a slug gun....speaking of the which, I seriously considered making some permanent modifications to my computer recently using a 12 gauge slug.
                                     :biggun:

VC I'm gonna send ya an email about something later so watch for it OK?
Good to be back.  :D
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
CHEAP New Red Dot Found
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 10:27:28 AM »
lik2hunt, glad to see you got the confounded machine working again. I have had problems with ones I have had in the past and they remind me of the old story of the "girl with the curl". When she was good she was great but when she was bad she was horrid, and when the computer worked it was great but when it crashed it was rotten....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
CHEAP New Red Dot Found
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 05:37:24 AM »
Hey VC

I have a scope on my huntsman made by those folks and its going on its fourth season with no problems.  Its a compact scope with rubber armor its tough as nails and the glass is great on it also.  They are sold under the brand name of Target Sports.  Hope this helps
You can find them at the following URL.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/index.html

[/img]
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)