Author Topic: morning coffee is on--so is tha rain  (Read 1063 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
morning coffee is on--so is tha rain
« on: June 25, 2004, 03:10:00 AM »
Morning fellers and ladies. Second pot of black is mostly gone.
Got up bout three, let tha dog do his thing and investigate tha yard fer intruders.
Got on tha computer bout 4 or so, started raining bout 5 had 3 1/2 inches since then, bout 1 1/2 inches in tha last 30 minutes. No let up in sight. 10 inches this week. I'll be crying for this in july and august.
Life on the gulf coast can be wet when it wants to be. It's bout 7 now.
Looks like golf will be put off fer a day or two, less we get a break this am, golfers fergit bout how it has rained if it will stop long enough to get to the course.
Everthing seems to be draining good, no standing water in tha street.
Hoping ya'll have a good day.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 06:16:51 AM »
Forecast is for rain thru tuesday. Me, tha Ranger an everbody in Houston is ready fer a break. Tha toadstools is growin toadstools.
Hope you folks up in Alabama is gettin some moisture. I understand part of ya'll has been real dry.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Holiday

• Contributor
    • http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-holidayhayes
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 06:48:52 AM »
Yep, it has been raining off and on since Tuesday. Had a dry spell yesterday, but woke up to a steady drizzle that turned into a steady downpour. According to the forecast it is supposed to dry up starting late tomorrow. I'd like to have some sun, but at the same time, I enjoy the rain. As long as the WIND doesn't come with it!  :eek:  Living int the woods as I do, I have a constant fear of brush fires. We had several earlier, in the late spring. This wet weather eases my mind a bit!
Holiday Hayes
Darksider, Gunfighter
"Just a simple Cowboy, tryin' ta git along"

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 01:18:24 AM »
It didn't rain here yesterday but I am afraid the Ranger got some--those boys on the North and West side of Houston have had SOME rain the last week or so. At least they have had more than I have had living on the Bay, S/E side of Houston---aint complaing though.
Rain, thunderstorms, predicted thru the week.
Strange weather patterns. West and North usually don't get as much as we but this stuff has started in S/W Texas, unusual, and moved around that side of town. Hoping ya'll get enough to make up fer some of the lack ya'll have seemed to have had.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Bis

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 06:39:34 PM »
Williamlayto- NO rain in East Texas today, at least our part :-) .

My daughter and her boy friend came over and tried to mow the yard that is mostly Behiha (sp?) grass. It has not been mowed in 3 weeks and it took them 3 passes with the riding mower to get the job done. I can hardly wait untill tomarrow when I mow the fields that have not been mowed in 6 weeks  :( .
 It was real fun driving down your way to Hobby last Sunday.
 Have a good one.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 12:05:53 AM »
What was that great big orange thing in the sky we had yesterday?
Well, I will be crying for rain in August.
Crockett, good little old town. Used to spar against them boys back during the old days. Girls was good looking too.
You had fun driving in Houston? Lord ask Hamp about driving in Houston! Oh well, guess ya needed some excitement in your life. It gets to be a chore, if ya live here.
Any of Kenny's folks still up in Crockett?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Bis

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 09:38:10 AM »
You do realize that we will all be complaining about the heat now that we are thru complaining about the rain :grin: .
 When we went  Houston they had highway 19 closed to cars, a stream overflowed. I was surprized that they let my Avalanche thru. It made it with no problems.
 As to your question about the Kenny's. I don't know. We are new to Crockett, in fact we are new to Texas. But we sure love it here. We are actually near the town of Latexo, about 10 miles north of Crockett.
 Better get back to mowing the fields. Its so deep that I am having to use 1st gear in some spots.

Have fun

Offline Bis

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 09:45:11 AM »
BTW if you are ever up this way, feel free to stop by.